colin leaves..... THE PENNY TIP

Arctopus

cave-dweller
Jul 11, 2003
nyc
beholdthearctopus.com
this morning i was getting a vegan muffin at this bakery. it was listed at $2.25. they asked whether it was to go or to stay, and i had some time to kill before work, so i said i'd stay.
i eat it, it's pretty good. and then i get the bill and it says $3.25.
I'm all, "there must be some mistake," and the girl working there says "oh, it costs more when you sit down and eat it."
So i say something to the effect of, "nobody told me that... that seems a little unfair." and she just replies with "that's the store policy... we don't really have the time to tell EVERY customer what our policy is. sorry."
"interesting," i said. so i politely paid my bill, then reached into my pocket, pulled out a single penny, tossed it on the table and walked out... never to return.

i haven't seen the video, but i recall a friend describing his crazy guitar antics live- something about guitar-behind-head-while-still-playing-amazing-solos and whipping it completely around his body or something? i could be wrong.

when daniel (from martyr) toured with them i think he had some silly antics like tapping with one hand and pointing at that hand with the other. but that was just him. i dont think anyone else in the band ever did anything like that.
the video is completely life-changing. alex nagle will agree with me.

i've NEVER heard of a policy like that before! fucking new york city!

the penny tip also ensures you keep your promise not to return, unless you like spitty muffins.

ummmmmm..... noooooooooooooo. of course not!

"yeah, i think it must've been daniel- did he play on from wisdom to hate?"

yeah. have you heard martyr? AAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!! (that's my reaction to thinking about how good they are).

Martyr are awesome, some of the best technical metal out there. Their drummer is so fast, tight and creative. The last time I saw them the drummer was really sick and he almost passed out on stage yet he was still the best drummer at the show even though he wasn't quite on.

yeah, some people have played martyr for me, but i don't have any of their cds.

the drummer comment reminds me of dennis from macabre; no matter how drunk he gets at shows, he is still dead-on amazing.

that video is AMAZING. I remember when Nagle posted it here ages ago.

and yeah, when I saw Gorguts on the Obscura tour, dude totally pointed to his hand while tapping. awesome.