Colin Richardson 5153 profile vs lasse 5153

BOTH great tones, but Colin's has that SUPER aggressive character and color that I oh so love. Best way to hear this is to listen to the ending chugs

I need a Kemper!! Lasse's pack and i'd be set for tracking, etc

Hey guys,

I don't usually post about stuff like this but - HOW DID YOU GET OUR PROFILE?!?!

i literally keep them under lock and key!

VF was unusual as we were only sent 3 rhythm tracks of Matt

We used this D112 profile up the centre around 4 dB under the left and right tracks

The other profile was a 5150 57/421

Only the left and right tracks went through the GML.

Also when reamping, the Kemper was plugged into an SSL E eq before it returned to tools

Im genuinely interested as to how you got hold of this! :)

C.

Colin, remember that time you left the studio window open????

Guys, it's really NOT that big of a deal, I promise you....Colin I pM'd you.

JeffTD is correct it is Carl, just looked at the name alittle too quick on my iPhone :) Carl just had a couple questions for me, no big deal, carry on :)

DI available? it would be cool to try see how close i can get to that tone with my various amps and kemper. no 5150/53 in the lineup but thats part of the fun :)

Haha.. the Kemper really was a gamechanger.. Now it's all about profile(z) warez

Haha.. the Kemper really was a gamechanger.. Now it's all about profile(z) warez

nah....considering how different it sounds with another player/guitar mix 9 out of 10 times I don't think so.
I guess it's more about the "to have" side of things, rather than droping it in and have the same million $ sound.

What I think is awesome about it tho, is that you understand a LOT better how to get closer to such pro tones, cause you're a lot closer to the source.

Colins' sounds like it would be good for guitar/riff driven chuggy stuff, the other sounds like something for an extremely fast or busy mix.

They're both way too fizzy and piercing in the high mids for me, little scooped too. Low end is redic.

Colins' sounds like it would be good for guitar/riff driven chuggy stuff, the other sounds like something for an extremely fast or busy mix.

They're both way too fizzy and piercing in the high mids for me, little scooped too. Low end is redic.

Okay hold on... I realize everyone has an opinion but... FIZZY? High mids? Colin's especially is ALL low mid girth... Not sure what it is you are hearing... Especially the fizzy part... Not enough high end to be even close to fizzy....

No worries, guys.
I know who VESmedic is am also in contact with him outside of this forum.
I can assure you that he acquired this profile legitimately:)

Now here's something I'd like to hear: one of my 5153 profiles for the sides and the d112 one in the center...do it!