Colin Richardson 5153 profile vs lasse 5153

I'm gonna try the 112 again on my cab next week. It's something I'd done before as an experiment and I remember thinking it was really cool, but never actually tried it in a serious mix.

Okay hold on... I realize everyone has an opinion but... FIZZY? High mids? Colin's especially is ALL low mid girth... Not sure what it is you are hearing... Especially the fizzy part... Not enough high end to be even close to fizzy....

I meant the 2nd one haha. Its not modern sounding to me at all.

And yes Colins' does have a lot of low mid but in my eyes there's a scratchy high mid going too in faster palm mutes, especially when the left guitar drops and comes back, which kind makes the honky area feel dipped, its dark.

And yes, its a 5150 variant, natural fizz expected, nothing wrong with it but I wouldn't use an amp like this in this way for this tuning and tempo.

Too much 5150, would like to hear a recto on these tracks.

CR Profile :OMG: No top end nastiness and so full in the low, low-mid area. "Also when reamping, the Kemper was plugged into an SSL E eq before it returned to tools " to rid the fizz I imagine. Nice job. Such a nice full tone without the harsh top. Kemper is so tempting, apart from some doubt around palm-mutes.

another sound clip for you guys.

2 tracks of my favorite Diezel Herbert (not available, Sorry guys :) ) left and right, colins 5153 right up the middle. Might be alittle too thick, tad too much gain, but it sounds huge. Used my sevenstring bernie rico jr with bare knuckle painkillers. These pickups I have a love hate relationship with, they can get alittle too clicky in the high mids, but my strictly 7 with a warpig is out of commission at the moment. Anyways, going to be doing several more for you guys including a few full mixes here pretty soon. enjoy.

EDIT: Putting up the second take, didnt realize how much treble was in the first....

https://soundcloud.com/truckguy3/colin-5153-lewis-herbert2

That would be the aftermath pickup your hearing. They have a scratchy attack on palm mutes.

Hate that pickup, I can't see why anyone thinks these sound great unless you are tuned to drop A and below and have a super dense guitar, even then its like a half-cocked wah suitable for the "lets HP the guitars at 300hz" crowd, I like tones that are a little djentY from the players hands, they sound freakin awesome, but purpose made "is there a band pass on the guitar?" djent tones just, just ......

Would like to hear a blackout in these hehe, they're too sick.

Different strokes dude... Just like you said, a thick guitar: it's in my les Paul and I think it sounds great, and "feels" even better. And I'm about the farthest thing away from a"djent" or whatever player: can't stand anything about the genre or those bands really... Thinkin about throwing an aftermath in my Bernie Rico because its so damn thick honestly, almost too thick really.

What. That sounds insane

another sound clip for you guys.

2 tracks of my favorite Diezel Herbert (not available, Sorry guys :) ) left and right, colins 5153 right up the middle. Might be alittle too thick, tad too much gain, but it sounds huge. Used my sevenstring bernie rico jr with bare knuckle painkillers. These pickups I have a love hate relationship with, they can get alittle too clicky in the high mids, but my strictly 7 with a warpig is out of commission at the moment. Anyways, going to be doing several more for you guys including a few full mixes here pretty soon. enjoy.

EDIT: Putting up the second take, didnt realize how much treble was in the first....

https://soundcloud.com/truckguy3/colin-5153-lewis-herbert2

Who is your band? The Herbert, this profile atleast, cuts through like a knife in a mix, I can understand why it was lower in the mix.... When did you cut a record there? Probably was my Herbert in the studio..

Really interesting thread.
Makes me want to buy a Kemper :-/

I love CR's 5153 profile.

BTW VESmedic are you ever going to upload the files for the Heartwork cover ? Please :)