Columbia accident

EagleFlyFree

crack you like an acorn
Feb 27, 2002
in a tree. that i have.
www.cnn.com

holy... shit....
i really feel for those people, fuck, two days ago i was browsing some links and i ended up in cnn.com checking out a presentation of the crew members, with their pictures and what role they had in the shuttle... now i casually hit cnn.com and i find this...
it's not even my country, but i'm getting the same thing i got on Sept 11... i feel sad for those people at a human level
i really feel bad, i just needed to communicate :-(

vert.breakup.photosseq.jpg

Originally posted by _A_SCARLET_SUNSET_
Sure, it was bin laden, who used his telekinetical abilites... or... his intercontinental laserbeam ;)

You know what's funny (and sad) George W Bush would probably say something like this with all seriousness in his face..
..anything to wage war

Have you heard news? People are trying to get rich by selling space shuttle pieces what they have found from ground in web-auctions!

Should i go to look what ebay can offer for me... :D

i chuckled when i saw that pic, then remembered that bush wouldnt have the mental capacity to read or even be influenced by nietsches(sp?) writings...or be intelligent enough to start a holocaust........thank the gods!

Well, of course I was touched, but incidents like that always make me wonder...
Of course it's a tragedy, but how many deaths happen every day that we'll never be aware of?
Why should I feel sorry for a few Americans who happen to be in a Space Shuttle and after the crash on every newspaper, more than for the Millions of dead Africans who die everyday?
Is an american life more valuable than an african one?
Or is it about spectacular deaths you can show on TV being more valuable than any other death?

And talking of being heartles... During the Iraq war in 1990, the US applied restrictions on the importation of food and medication. 500.000 Iraqi children died during that time because they needed medication the US had put the restrictions on...
When Madeleine Albright was asked about that she said that of course the death of 500.000 innocent children was horrible, but overall, it had been worth it.

So, why should I give a 'flying fuck' about the death of those seven Americans?
I guess SA has different reasons, and it makes me feel a little weird, but I kinda agree with him there...

I feel for them because i think it must have been a terrifying way to die.... not that they were killed..... but because of the way they died

So many misinformed posts all over this thread. :(
Too bad.

But anyway, tis sad about the shuttle, but it was better for them than the Challenger crew. This one ended quickly (Mach 21*dry humor*) and painlessly. The Challenger crew survived the explosion and died on impact with the ocean.

Originally posted by Northern Viking
Well, of course I was touched, but incidents like that always make me wonder...
Of course it's a tragedy, but how many deaths happen every day that we'll never be aware of?
Why should I feel sorry for a few Americans who happen to be in a Space Shuttle and after the crash on every newspaper, more than for the Millions of dead Africans who die everyday?
Is an american life more valuable than an african one?
Or is it about spectacular deaths you can show on TV being more valuable than any other death?

And talking of being heartles... During the Iraq war in 1990, the US applied restrictions on the importation of food and medication. 500.000 Iraqi children died during that time because they needed medication the US had put the restrictions on...
When Madeleine Albright was asked about that she said that of course the death of 500.000 innocent children was horrible, but overall, it had been worth it.

So, why should I give a 'flying fuck' about the death of those seven Americans?
I guess SA has different reasons, and it makes me feel a little weird, but I kinda agree with him there...
By the way. It wasn't 7 Ameriacns. Do some research before you try and sound all smart.