Columbia accident

Originally posted by FailingAcension
By the way. It wasn't 7 Ameriacns. Do some research before you try and sound all smart.
Yeah Ive heard about that Israeli, and I dont know if the rest of the crew were all americans as well. I was a bit focussed on the rest of my points, and it doesnt really matter anyway, does it?
Well, as you didnt care to critisize nothing but this very detail, it does, eh?

Now, is that all you got to say? Ignore all the other points I made?
I guess you were so glad you found something you didnt even bother to waste any more thoughts on my post anyway... very smart indeed

I'd really like to get along with people here, but therefor I'd have to respect them first.
And the fact that it's always total morons, or at least people acting like total morons who reply to my posts doesnt exactly help!

Originally posted by bodomite
how do ya fit 6 asternauts into 1 car
2 in the front
2 in the back
2 in the ash tray

:-D i supposed it's ok to laugh since an american said it :p

now getting serious...
it's not the spectacularity, it's not the morbo and it's definitively not the nationality, as i said in the first post... i feel sad because they were humans with real lives and family awaiting them.. and also because i casually saw their pictures two days before, when they were still alive...

i feel for these people just like i feel for the people i hear that die in terrorist attacks in the middle east and also in sept 11... and sometimes i even think death is not such a big deal, the big deal is loss... the rest of the people loses a part of them and that's a big part of tragedy, not so much as death itself...

I think its bad because their families and them knew the great risk they were taking. So the families were probably feeling relieved that they were so close to being safe and then 10 minutes or so before landing it all ends.

Originally posted by Northern Viking
Yeah Ive heard about that Israeli, and I dont know if the rest of the crew were all americans as well. I was a bit focussed on the rest of my points, and it doesnt really matter anyway, does it?
Well, as you didnt care to critisize nothing but this very detail, it does, eh?

Now, is that all you got to say? Ignore all the other points I made?
I guess you were so glad you found something you didnt even bother to waste any more thoughts on my post anyway... very smart indeed
No I didn't bother. I have no yearning to get into some huge debate that will solve nothing. But sorry I sounded so angry. I was already pissed off about something else. I apologize. Still friends? And I'm not a moron.:p

i heard later on that day in texas that people walking outside randomly found a foot, another found a burnt up torso :puke:

"1(or in this case 7) death is a tragedy, 1000 is a statistic."

funny how that always works...but to tell u the truth i feel bad for the crew members that died.......but then again many have fallen in much worser scenarios and get no eulogies or memorials...funny how the world works.

It is. But oh, well. Nothing I can do about it. Except pay respect to The Unknown Soldier and such. POW MIA and the likes.

I live right near the space station here in Florida. Its kinda creepy because I know it could have just as easily waited a little longer to blow up and I could have had a pice of space ship crashing through my roof.

Originally posted by Stygian Apothegm
you must be so miserable everyday...

seeing how people die EVERYDAY.

not miserable at all, but at least I have some COMPASSION...something that you lack it seems.

"1(or in this case 7) death is a tragedy, 1000 is a statistic."

was the world trade center a statistic or a tragedy? Stalin's quote was "One death is a tragedy; a million is a statistic."

I think any recent death or deaths is a tragedy, but once time passes, it becomes a statistic.

I feel sorry for the families...Dying at mach 18 in the atmosphere....what a way to go

Originally posted by FailingAcension
No I didn't bother. I have no yearning to get into some huge debate that will solve nothing. But sorry I sounded so angry. I was already pissed off about something else. I apologize. Still friends? And I'm not a moron.:p
Wow :)
Yeah of course, I accept :)
I guess I was so pissed by all the stupid answers before I replied more rude than I should have, heh. It's good to see people can still positively amaze me here :)
*scratches FailingAcension from the long list of morons* :p