Come Clarity sounds so fucking good

I heard the multitrack version of Take this life......guitars are overdistorted (the gain was maxed, in their last album they used Marshall amps with maxed gain), bass is overdistorted and it's played like shit....

Which album are you referring to when you say Marshall? And how is it relevant to the rest of your post?

Also, exactly how is it "played like shit" ? You can say alot about IF but one thing they are not are sloppy players.

Sorry bro
some of us must have missed this aparrently all important memo that how shit sounds on its own is what matters, and not how it all sounds in a full fucking mix.

I find it a fatiguing mix, but a brilliant mix at the same time.. i can see how it's not for everyone though.
I just love the punchy drums and their natural sound, the gritty guitars.. and that bass, oh lordi, THE BASS!!

I actually like the mix and I've been following them troughout the years and I understand that they need to redefine their sound as the records keep coming out, just keep an open mind for their album releases in the future, I think there will be a completely new sound on the next album, seeing A Sense of Purpuse wasn't as heavy as Come Clarity, I think the next one will bring on something cool!

As far as the guitar sound goes, I think they really fit in, letting the bass take care of the bottom was the right choice in my opinion. And that bass really kicks you in the chest and scars your soul!
Keep in mind I'm not a In Flames-fanboy or anything like that :)

Hope to stumble upon you at Metaltown mate!
På torsdag bär det av neråt! :D

I can't even listen to this album because of the mix. I wasn't too fond of the music either, but I didn't hate it. The mix just sounds really harsh and annoying to me, unfortunately.

well, i loved it when it first came out, for the music....couldn't keep it out of my cd player. to me it's like the best record since clayman, and the second best overall (btw, i'll put my flame suit on and say that i'm not exactly a fan of anything pre-clayman...colony is so-so, but i'm just not into the old stuff....sounds so dated to me. just my .2$ though).

the mix is okay i'd say.....not really outstanding, but certainly not bad. the bass is HUGE, guitars are on the fizzy side but tolerable, drums i'm not too fond of. to me reroute kicks CC's ass mix-wise, and obviously clayman does too.
soundtrack wasn't also too bad from a sonic POV imho. not quite as thick and dense as reroute, but in the same vein i'd say. it's mostly the drums that are way better on reroute.
talking about that, the bass in transparent is SO fucking HUGE. it's almost orgasmic.
IIRC they reamped the bass through a recto or something, right?

as for the most recent one....well, i hate it. weak tones, weak songs....the only one i can stand is i'm the highway or whatever it's called. we're not even tryiiiing.....yeah, exactly, lol!

as for the most recent one....well, i hate it. weak tones, weak songs....the only one i can stand is i'm the highway or whatever it's called. we're not even tryiiiing.....yeah, exactly, lol!

I thought the guitars were very round. It's like they turned the mids up to 10, but the gain down at 1, haha.

What I do like with this band is that they try something different each time soundwise.
Their last one has a totally opposite sound compared to CC.
I do like the fact that they use "risky" production each time. I think there's always something good to take in their sound.
Come Clarity has a very special balance IMO, it's quite unique and I like it, even with the really agressive midrange.
Last album is really meaty but sometimes I feel it lacks a bit of clarity, anyway I dig the guitar tone, very Gibson-esque.
I love Reroute ! Please IF take a look back and write great songs again (the new ones are not bad but a bit boring and deja vu, same structures, same guitar parts, same poppy vocals...)