Comic Book Dorks Unite!

So I saw X-Men: First Class yesterday and actually enjoyed it. They ran roughshod over continuity - even the existing film continuity - but the results were very entertaining. And Magneto was such a badass.

I'd like to take this time to say goodbye to one of my favorite comic characters of all times.

Harley, DC is killing you, and I'm so sad to see you go. You were a great character. You had it all! But now they're killing you, and instead we get this...

SuicideSquad_cover_02.jpg

..I'm sure the 15 year olds who get their parents to drive them to comic book stores will appreciate it. Good luck.

I'd like to take this time to say goodbye to one of my favorite comic characters of all times.

Harley, DC is killing you, and I'm so sad to see you go. You were a great character. You had it all! But now they're killing you, and instead we get this...

..I'm sure the 15 year olds who get their parents to drive them to comic book stores will appreciate it. Good luck.

Sigh. I guess we'll always have Mad Love. :(

AND Arleen Sorkin is not doing her voice for the new Arkham video game:/

And I thought the costume they gave her in the Arkham Asylum game was outrageous....

AND Arleen Sorkin is not doing her voice for the new Arkham video game:/

I was rather pleasantly surprised when I heard a lot of the Batman: TAS voice cast in the original game.

And I thought the costume they gave her in the Arkham Asylum game was outrageous....

I was rather pleasantly surprised when I heard a lot of the Batman: TAS voice cast in the original game.

Yea/ditto, me too. Are you by chance named after the comic book Longshot? Whether or not that's the case, I loved Arthur Adams covering that, your user name reminded me of it especially in a thread like this.

Yea/ditto, me too. Are you by chance named after the comic book Longshot? Whether or not that's the case, I loved Arthur Adams covering that, your user name reminded me of it especially in a thread like this.

In part, yes. (in most forums, I use a Longshot avatar. I never got around to uploading one to this board.) One of my favorite characters. I'm also a big fan of Art Adams.

I loved that Art Adams Longshot series. It was before he got overly cartoony and was like the hottest artist in comics.

Me too, exactly!

In part, yes. (in most forums, I use a Longshot avatar. I never got around to uploading one to this board.) One of my favorite characters. I'm also a big fan of Art Adams.

Sweet. Did he do anything else with around that time that was as good? I remember him doing Fantastic Four way later and it wasn't as good.. cartoony like you said Justin.

The X-Men: Asgardian Wars trade is a must-have if you're an Adams fan. Great story, and his artwork is stunning.

In particular, New Mutants Special Edition #1 and X-Men Annual #9. (I don't think he drew the X-Men and Alpha Flight books that kicks off that trade. All of it is good, tho.)

That was actually my first exposure to Art Adams, since I couldn't get the Longshot mini in Europe.

In particular, New Mutants Special Edition #1 and X-Men Annual #9. (I don't think he drew the X-Men and Alpha Flight books that kicks off that trade. All of it is good, tho.)

That was actually my first exposure to Art Adams, since I couldn't get the Longshot mini in Europe.

That was Paul Smith, a very underrated artist who got overly cartoony later in his career.

Transmetropolitan may be my all time favorite literary work ever. Right now I'm reading The Boys. Was never a fan of Marvel though, I could just never get into it.