coming back to work today was like stepping on a fucking landmine

let me preface this by stating that i am working from home, wearing an incantation shirt.

condescending sub-boss from syracuse has to "live or die" by the results of his pet project, the website (first designed by me for cheap, then designed by some other guy and subcontracted programmers for big $$$, no explanation (to me) given, and no questions (by me) asked), and also, now, a printed portfolio/brochure that i am designing.

first attempt for cover design: simple and using elements of web site design, of which i have no provided files to work with. his response: "not what i had in mind, not tied in with the website enough, remember what we discussed (over a lunch meeting), etc etc condescending bullshit, etc etc"

second attempt: literal translation of website, reconstructed from scratch, a few elements changed to make more sense as the cover of a brochure (nav buttons eliminated, web address featured prominently at top, etc).

his response: "still not close enough as a tie-in to the website... i was thinking more of a picture of the computer desktop with the website open..."

we had discussed this, and as i recall, the conclusion was—he kind of understood that screenshots are at a lower res than what is req. for print design, buewt hes seemmedn to imaply that he weaw khnted an ackreuta; broweweklasre window rweoiscoicnsatructed./ a.kjfoapiwlkjhnrajwhrlkjrgbjwlnbembemnwvknsenbsvesanbevasbenbvenabsv

cant-kill-me.jpg