Coming to the states..

fillipeano

These days..
Aug 1, 2009
California
I was just wondering what has to be done for a small band like Seventh Wonder to come and tour the states as an opening band or a sort of mini-tour?

It can be very difficult for a lesser known band to come to the States. Venues typically only book bands that sell a good number of CDs, and that's hard enough for this genre in the States, let alone the lesser known bands in the genre.

The best chances a band like this has to get to the States are festival appearances (Seventh Wonder was at this past ProgPower USA, and I hope they'll be invited to return!) or getting invited onto a tour of a more well known act.

For example, Sabaton is going to be touring the States with Accept. Sabaton is probably a bigger band in Europe than Accept is in the States, but Accept at least has a name for themselves here, they've just been off the map for about 14 years. If Seventh Wonder could get on a tour with a band like Symphony X or Nightwish, that could be really amazing for them.

As fans, the best things we can do to help them get here is to spread the word. Get your friends to buy their CDs, or buy the CDs for them as gifts! Buying from US-based stores (if the band has distribution here) or US-based distributors and importers (such as Nightmare Records, CD Inzane, The Laser's Edge) helps the cause the most, as it shows that people in the US have an interest. And if you happen to personally know any big bands that tour the States, clue them in to how awesome Seventh Wonder is. :D

Requesting the band's songs on radio stations helps, too. Stations that play metal are few and far between, I know. In my neck of the woods, we've got a community college station that has a metal timeslot once in a while. There's also Sirius/XM, and of course Internet radio such as Epic Rock Radio. Seventh Wonder is getting a lot of plays there this month with the new album.

And if you're able, you can offer to sponsor the band for a festival appearance. This can be costly, but consider how much it might cost to travel to Europe to see them... this could be a bargain!

Glad to see more fans from the States, and hope to see Seventh Wonder return to play here.