Compare guitar tones

Hey man, thanks for the reply - I'm still not entirely convinced though.
This is essentially my test to see if I should purchase either Guitar Rig 3 or Revalver mkIII (clips one & two respectively - just what I came up with from playing around with the demos).
Yes I know most people here will vote for Revalver but I'm still not entirely convinced, after all - they are not cheap (for me anyways!)

Holy shit! Did someone from Clawfinger just reply? "Tell me the truth, the truth muthafucka!" :)
Yeah, I ran the second clip's quad tracks through two different cab impulses for more depth. Revalver is seeming to be better purchase at the moment.
Any tips for further improvement?

I like the second one MUCH better. I think the second one is way more work-able (is that even a word?) Sounds MUCH more natural.

i've never liked GR...always sounds so digital, it's like the PODs, that shit never gets better

Second one sounds more natural...but could you still post your settings for guitar rig 3?
just curious because even though the revalver might sound better I've never heard such a good guitar sound from guitar rig.

Second one sounds more natural...but could you still post your settings for guitar rig 3?
just curious because even though the revalver might sound better I've never heard such a good guitar sound from guitar rig.

Sure, no problem. It's simply the Rectifier with a Rat played through a crappy Epiphone a friend gave to me (I'm a drummer really). Epiphone has stock pickups, recorded (quad tracked) using the bridge pickup with the settings below. Simple setup really, with more work in Guitar Rig I'm sure I could get a much better sound!

guitar_rig_3_preset.jpg

Clip one suits this mix better, sounds larger and closer. Revalver's a great program for tweeking and sounds rather convincing compared to GR3 or the horrendous AT metal. Still for this mix I go with GR3. Otherwise save your pennys, rape, steal, murder and buy an axe-fx.

in a mix no one would be the wiser, but a direct A-B comparison is obvious...i agree that you did make GR sound amazing, so don't go breaking your noggin too much over trying to make it sound better

Cheers guys, I think I'll end up buying Revalver to be honest, seems that a much more 'natural' tone is possible with it, there's some great examples all over these forums.

I would have said the first tone was better, until my perception of guitar rig factored in. :lol:

seriously good tones man :kickass:

how about a pic with revalver settings?