Complete Blood Alliance Release Dates (sample clip link inside)

Kind words from a true gent, Steve. Cheers guys, I blushed! Shame the JP date got pushed back a bit. I wonder if there's an obvious reason I'm missing for why there haven't been any PQ singles? Often bands these days put out a single or two even before the album is released to get word out. Is that a personal preference for albums or a label decision I wonder.

Going to have to wait another week...it had better be worth it! As if a PQ record could possibly not be worth the wait haha. I also think the single idea is a good idea, but I understand that making "radio edits" would be necessary on most songs PQ does and that would be a bit of a hassle.

A friend of mine, also in the music business, has a great approach to this topic. Before he will even discuss this issue he asks "Do you accept that taking something that is a commercial product, without paying for it, is wrong?" If you don't accept that as a fact, he won't discuss it with you.

It's not the only option is it? If you have the means to illegally get music/film or whatever from the Internet....then you also have the means to order and pay for it via the Internet......unless you are not legally old enough to own a credit/debit card, which is a different matter.

The reality of the situation is that everyone who illegally obtains my music is actually stealing from me......it's not a concept that sits comfortably with me that's for sure

I have no credit card, my parents don't have one either, I have no clue how to order from the internet....you see. It's the only option that's left, for me at least. :(

Not really tricky to order online, dude.
If you have a bank account, you could set up something like a Paypal to pay for stuff online which I don't think even requires a card. Even if you don't, I believe it's possible to buy things like Pre-paid cards you can use online. Do a little research.

I don't really think it's cool to advocate pirating someone's music, let alone in their own forum....

I completely agree.

I cannot believe someone would directly advocate piracy in the forum... let alone to Steve himself! Absolutely disrespectful.

I've stated several times how I've pirated a lot... and while I won't defend it and try to say it's right or good in any way (other than exposing me to new music - Stratovarius has been the biggest musical influence in my life, and I probably never would have come across them otherwise in the States), I spend every last cent of my free money I can on CDs and band clothing and concerts because I am a diehard supporter of artists. Even as a college student I try to do all I can.

I realize the situation may be a little different in Israel than the United States, for whatever reasons there may be... but there's still no excuse for publicly condoning theft under the eyes of the guy who is leading the band you say you're a fan of.

Just my two cents (or dollars, from the length of that little rant)! Let's make sure this stays civil, if we continue to discuss it at all. We could always make another thread concerning the issue, since it's such a controversial and hot topic. :D

It's interesting that Israel is brought up as a point of why music cannot be accessed. Israel is one of the fastest growing markets in music industry currently. Several friends' bands have gotten out there recently and even played to larger audiences than they would back home or elsewhere in Europe. Explain to me how all those people making the industry thrive out there are doing this if there's no other option?