Computer to computer file transfer

Deliverance666

I need money...
Jul 17, 2004
Clearwater, Florida, USA
Okay... my laptop sucks. It's running windows 95 and I can't upgrade cuz its a pentium 2... I need to transfer songs I recorded to a different computer but I can't use floppy disks (not enough memory) and I can't use a flash drive (can't use the software). I don't have a CD burner on my laptop and I need a way to transfer the files. Can I use some kind of link cable just to send the files to my other computer? Any help would be good.

Is there an ethernet port on this laptop? If so, use a crossover cable to transfer your files.

Maybe find someone with a ZIP drive. Preferably a ZIP drive that attaches to a parallel port.

I guess you don't have USB ports either...

A crossover serial cable (different from a standard serial cable.... see your local computer hardware store).

You can create a simple network, however, you'll need to buy a cable that would connect the two computers using ethernet (LAN) sockets (if you want to connect two computers directly, you will need a crossover cable). These look like telephone sockets on steroids. With it, you will establish a simple network connection and will be able to transfer info from one computer to the other. Also, I can recommend a good program, PC File Transfer, that can transfer files between two computers easily. As far as I know, this program can work both for direct connections and for account ones.

Just share it over a network if possible. If that doesn't work then just send the music through gmail and open it on your laptop?

what about a free file hosting site? Do you have internet on the laptop?

the easiest way would be to set up a network with your computer with the files and you new computer. emailing is a good way.. but if you have a lot of tunes the max limit is usually pretty low so it would take forever.