Comus (Melloboat 08)

#1_Droogie

Mar 30, 2005
North Dakota
hi guys. some of you are probably aware of this swedish dream-concert cruise type deal. a handful of bands played, mostly swedish, for this three day cruise. among them were Opeth, Katatonia, The Mats/Morgan All-Star Team, and Comus, who hadn't played a show in 25 years. I really hope Comus decides to do something more after this, I would kill my own mother to see them live. anyways, here are some videos:

enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
WOWOWOWOW! That's kick ass dude! Comus rules, I was expecting this thread to be about another band named that, I thought, "Let me guess this isn't the 'first utterance' comus" hahahaha.

Cool. Comus is a largely undiscovered gem. I have First Utterance, but I've heard the other album is just okay.
I think they should be a required listen in all public education settings.

I have a remaster of FU, and it has two bonus tracks (Winter Is A Coloured Bird, and In The Lost Queen's Eye). I haven't checked to see if they're from the second album, but they're pretty good songs. they're definitely not the same Comus though, it's like Roger wrote FU on one long acid trip and then could never achieve that exact situation ever again.

anyways. First Utterance is mandatory. Comus is gold.

When they broke up they were working on an album that was based on Lord of the Rings. They played the stuff live, but never recorded it. I've always wondered what that would have been like!