Advent
Deliverance
The Drapery Falls
Bleak
Godheads Lament
Credence
A Fair Judgement
Demon of the Fall

I think that's it, but probably not the right order. The band started at around 10:15 and the set ended around 11:50. Great f'n show, the crowd was much more energized then I was expecting and the place was pretty packed with lots of moshing during the heavy parts. This was Opeth's first Seattle appearence (Mikael mentioned it on stage). Lots of "Opeth!" chants, also tons of yells for "When" (me and a few others) and "Demon of the Fall".

Useless but funny info: Mikeal mentioned the Damnation tour with Porcupine Tree and a bunch of people from the crowd were yelling for Opeth to come to Vancouver during that tour. Mikael goes "Actually we're only going to play Vancouver" *l* Mikael also mentioned that some of the things he knows about Seattle is the movie Sleepless in Seattle whom he thought had Billy Crystal in it and some members of the crowd said "fuck Billy Crystal" and then he goes "what about Meg" and some of the crowd said "Fuck Meg!" *lol* He also mentioned grunge rock. Anyway, the band was in very good spirits.

Lacuna Coil also put on a very good show, especially mid-way into their set when they started getting more up-tempo. I was very impressed with them. Yakuza on the other hand just didn't do anything for me. Their is certainly talent there but just not my style.

Yeah great concert I thought, really good crowd. Got to meet Mike and Peter who chatted few minutes after the show. When I first got to Seattle I met two LC guys at REI which was cool as well!

It was pretty funny when Mike said they wanted to tour Seattle on some of the earlier tours but we have earthquakes and shit :D

Mudas said:
So the same set list as the For Absent Friends tour? I loved that set list, makes me giddy for the San Diego show.

Yep, this is basically the second leg of the U.S. "Deliverance" tour, so expect the same setlist as they are playing venues they did not play the first time around.

The next two U.S. tours this year will feature different setlists I'm sure. Obviously the tour with Porcupine Tree will focus on the softer songs, while the songs to be played on the final U.S. tour this year is anyone's guess. Should be interesting.

It was fucking awesome. Hotter than hell in that place though. About a 30 degree difference between the bar and the stage area. Setlist was great. Went from Credence directly into Bleak which sounded cool. The order actually was

Wreath
Advent
Deliverance
The Drapery Falls
Godheads Lament
Credence
Bleak
A Fair Judgement
Demon Of The Fall

I only remember because I didn't drink. I was on the stairs over by the shirts. We talked to the guitartist from Yakuza for a little while. They weren't great but I still respected them for trying something new (saxaphone, clarinet). Lacuna Coil was ok. Not my favorite but they're still good. The main difference between all the bands was that Opeth doesn't even look like they are trying. It is just so effortless.

You sure they opened up with Wreath? Because if it is the same set list, when I saw them in LA in February they opened up with Leper Affinity, but I wouldnt mind to hear Wreath live.

Wow.. another killer opeth show. Mmmmm..

YEah i think it was actually mikael who said "well fuck meg then" or something like thath heh.. cuz i remember it sounded like "mig" cuz of his cool accent.

I liked how he was quick and pretty funny at replying to people screaming shit at him. :)

Im damn happy that there were lots of people screaming for vancouver concert.. it would be about damn time someone came to vancouver!

Oh yeah.. he looked pissed when that guy almost kicked ( more like got thrown at ) him in the head and made him fuck up :( oops..

Later.

Njm said:
It was fucking awesome. Hotter than hell in that place though. About a 30 degree difference between the bar and the stage area. Setlist was great. Went from Credence directly into Bleak which sounded cool. The order actually was

Wreath
Advent
Deliverance
The Drapery Falls
Godheads Lament
Credence
Bleak
A Fair Judgement
Demon Of The Fall

I only remember because I didn't drink. I was on the stairs over by the shirts. We talked to the guitartist from Yakuza for a little while. They weren't great but I still respected them for trying something new (saxaphone, clarinet). Lacuna Coil was ok. Not my favorite but they're still good. The main difference between all the bands was that Opeth doesn't even look like they are trying. It is just so effortless.
I could have sworn it was Leper Affinity and I remember Mikael saying before they were about to play Deliverance something like "Now we're going to play something from Deliverance this song is called.....Deliverance!" Anyway, Credence into Bleak was awesome and I love your quote on how effortless Opeth seems to play, it's so true.

it most certainly wasn't wreath but leper affinity.
The show was great tho, me and another friend were front row center right in front of mikael pressed up against the stage howling like monsters the whole time. Too bad they didn't play april ethereal, we howled for it several times but to no avail., regardless the setlist was magnificent and they were nearly flawless.
The venue however was worthless.

diso said:
it most certainly wasn't wreath but leper affinity.
The show was great tho, me and another friend were front row center right in front of mikael pressed up against the stage howling like monsters the whole time. Too bad they didn't play april ethereal, we howled for it several times but to no avail., regardless the setlist was magnificent and they were nearly flawless.
The venue however was worthless.

yeah the graceland isn't that great IMO

gonna seem them tonight in portland, hopefully should be good

WOW! This show exceeded all expectations I had of Opeth as a live band. Obviously on album they're amazing but I was worried that live they might lack a little energy. Fuck was I wrong and fuck were they ever on fire last night.

I was in awe throughout Advent, and for several minutes I just stood staring straight ahead with a dazed smile on my face muttering "fuck!" to myself over and over and laughing in amazement... and that second riff in Deliverance, oh my!
eek.gif
From where I was (center stage behind just behind the pit) the sound was phenomenal (though I was on the far left of the stage for two songs and I noticed the sound wasn't nearly as good over there). The pit was mayhem. It's been a while since I've seen a show where the audience and band were both so clearly overjoyed to be there. The guys clearly looked like they were having an awesome time on stage and they were thrashing it up like crazy.

After the show my friends and I got to talk to Mike and Peter quickly and got pictures with them.
bowdown.gif
Thanks again to the dude who took them for us if he's around here!

Well, my voice is wrecked, my neck aches and it took us 2 hours to find our way out of Seattle (frigging one way streets and construction everywhere - I really hope Opeth takes us British Columbians' pleas to come to Vancouver to heart!) but it was so worth it!
headbob.gif

Satim said:
Well, my voice is wrecked, my neck aches

Hahaha, same here man! Cool review, I was at the show with a friend of mine who was there to see Lacuna Coil and he really enjoyed Opeth's set. I could tell he was impressed cause he was just standing there watching the band intently during Credence and headbanging during most of the heavy parts of the songs :) We were at the edge of the pit in the center during most of Opeth's set.

Satim said:
WOW! This show exceeded all expectations I had of Opeth as a live band. Obviously on album they're amazing but I was worried that live they might lack a little energy. Fuck was I wrong and fuck were they ever on fire last night.

I was in awe throughout Advent, and for several minutes I just stood staring straight ahead with a dazed smile on my face muttering "fuck!" to myself over and over and laughing in amazement... and that second riff in Deliverance, oh my!
eek.gif
From where I was (center stage behind just behind the pit) the sound was phenomenal (though I was on the far left of the stage for two songs and I noticed the sound wasn't nearly as good over there). The pit was mayhem. It's been a while since I've seen a show where the audience and band were both so clearly overjoyed to be there. The guys clearly looked like they were having an awesome time on stage and they were thrashing it up like crazy.

After the show my friends and I got to talk to Mike and Peter quickly and got pictures with them.
bowdown.gif
Thanks again to the dude who took them for us if he's around here!

Well, my voice is wrecked, my neck aches and it took us 2 hours to find our way out of Seattle (frigging one way streets and construction everywhere - I really hope Opeth takes us British Columbians' pleas to come to Vancouver to heart!) but it was so worth it!
headbob.gif
Haha I was that guy who took the photo's Satim. If I am not mistaken one of you were wearing an Emperor shirt. It was really cool meeting them after the show. I was in the pit for Opeth and man was it fun!!

Morfiend said:
Mikael also mentioned that some of the things he knows about Seattle is the movie Sleepless in Seattle whom he thought had Billy Crystal in it and some members of the crowd said "fuck Billy Crystal" and then he goes "what about Meg" and some of the crowd said "Fuck Meg!" *lol* He also mentioned grunge rock. Anyway, the band was in very good spirits.

Lacuna Coil also put on a very good show, especially mid-way into their set when they started getting more up-tempo. I was very impressed with them. Yakuza on the other hand just didn't do anything for me. Their is certainly talent there but just not my style.

Hell yeah, Mikael had a great sense of humor the whole time. Even when he was busy playing he was making all these great faces as if he'd played the song so many times it was nothing. Lacuna was great-lots of energy, good presence. Definitely have their own vibe going. Met the whole band outside their bus before the show. They were all signing autographs and taking pics with people-fucking cool to see bands that will show that much appreciation for their fans.

Yakuza SUCKED. I appreciate them trying something new-more power to 'em, but it was fucking awful. I found myself completely shocked that Century gave them a record deal. Exit 13 pulls off the jazz/death vibe very well, but these guys were just a bunch or noise.

Satim said:
eek.gif
From where I was (center stage behind just behind the pit) the sound was phenomenal
headbob.gif

Fuck Yeah, the entire show was incredible but Advent and Deliverance totally blew me away. Deliverance doesn't come across as that heavy to me on the album, but live-:OMG:I was floored! It had some serious power to it. And I can't say enough about Martin Mendez-I was standing in front of him the whole time and he was playing some CRAZY shit! That bass looked twice as big as him, but he totally dominated it. One of the best shows I have ever seen, without a doubt.