Concert memories..

Surfacer

Caught in the Mosh
Jul 11, 2002
Sweden
www.freakvent.com
Got any cool 'Thrax concerts memories?.. I do, although it's kinda sad or should I say 'bad luck'? Check this out..

I was in contact with the fan club (way back!!.. in 95 or so) when Stomp had just been released, and asked when Anthrax were to play in Sweden the next time.. I got a quick relpy that they were on the way! :)
And in the same letter a question, do you want to go to the concert, get a backstage-pass and meet the band?

GAAH!!

I replied the same day.. and began waiting but nothing. The concert was on a sunday and on friday two days before still nothing. But I thought.. screw it, I'll go there anyway.. so I did and it was a crushing concert. I actually said hello to the guys outside the club but it was so quick.. The day after when the mail came, an envelope from NFC.. with the backstage-pass!!.. how that's for bad luck?

I still have it, maybe I should try use it on the upcoming tour *hehe*..

No seriously, I think I'm worth it.. what do you think?

Use it dude!...then send it to me...heheheh.
Hopefully I'm gonna see them in manchester.
Concert stories? In october when they supported Motorhead(how metal?) I was right at the front, just in front of Scott.When he threw his plecturms out at the crowd I almost caught one, but it was knocked out of my hand by some 8 foot tall dude behind me.
I almost cried as it dropped past my face....and fell into the massive hole in the knee of my jeans which went into my boot!!!
HOW LUCKY?!?!?!:p

the last time they were in A'dam, everyone who bought a t-shirt got a meet and greet with the band after the show. Too bad I had to leave right after the show.
But I already had my 5 minutes of fame performing live on stage with the band.Bring THa Noize!!!!!!!
And last year I met the band after midnight in the redlight district, and got my pic taken with Scott and Frank!!!!!!!!

The first time I saw Anthrax was in 1994, I was but a young naive high school junior, aaaahhh, if I knew then what I knew now. I had missed Anthrax on two Columbus stops prior to this. (C.O.T. 1991, and w/ White Zombie and Quicksand) So I was pumped about this show. And, although SoWN was a year old, the album had still done moderately well, "Hy Pro Glo" was the newest video, "Black Lodge," and "Only" had done well at radio, and the big rock station in town was sponsoring the show. Also, it was the only time I ever saw Anthrax headline a sold out show. Man, I remember the lights gone down after Fight played, and you could see Mr. Ian's bald head and wife beater in the darkness, and he did that thing where he circles his hand around to get the pit going. Before the first chords of "Caught In A Mosh" the whole place was ballistic. Great, great show. I remember them playing "Looking Down the Barrel of A Gun," and "This Is Not An Exit." I also remember Bush looking like rock'n'roll Jesus, he still had his long hair, and he had grown a beard. After the show, I waited out back with what seemed like 1,000 other people to meet the band. THey were all cool as fuck. Except Danny. I'm not just saying that because Danny left the band, but he was pretty aloof. Frankie was nutty. Charlie was really talkative and so was Scott, but both in a shy/ withdrawn sort of way. And John was half-lit. In fact, he came walking out with a six pack of Miller Genuine Draft (why that beer I'll never know) in his hand.

i always remember scott paying tribute to the aussie crowd in sydney australia!!!

"australia is like america without the americans"hehehhehehehe

also john bush doing a cool sommersault into the crowd,a review of the show said that crowd was like a slayer moshpit in hell!!!

2 fave memories from the 2 times I've seen em:

1990 - POT tour - Thebarton Theatre - I was 12 yo and remember nearly pissing myself with excitement (c'mon, I was 12!!!) when the big clock was spinning and then they launched into Time to start the show. Very cool

1996 - Stomp tour - Bridgeway hotel - I was in the pit right up middle front - I've been in some pits in my time - but the middle part of Fueled (2nd song they played after RAOSV) was so slamming I'll never forget. I needed a beer already and this was only the 2nd song!!! Stayed there till the end, too.

good for u timmy,one regret that i have was not seeing the anthrax juggernaut with danny and joey,i was just starting to really get into the thrax when they toured,i was young had no money thought they would be back soon!!!

some thingss are not meant to be

I saw Anthrax open for Black Sabbath in 1986. It was at the Providence Civic Center, Anthrax still wore jeans and boots and had long hair. They opened Black Sabbath featuring Tony Iommi (the "Seventh Star" tour) for only the North East US dates. This was a great show. Better then the "Among the Living" tour. I also saw them around 88 or 89 with Exodus and Celtic Frost, I have not seen Anthrax live since then. Maybe someday.

going to anthrax/motorhead in Cologne last year. Got struck in traffic. Came in the venue (anthrax was allready playing).
When we arrived in the pit we just saw Charlie throwing away his drumsticks.
what a memory: thank you and good night- next year we come for you all!!!!!!

I first saw them '87 Donnington, then later that year on the Among the Living tour - Awesome.

State of Euphoria tour was next, they did a two part tour in the UK and I was lucky enough to see them three times Bradford,Birmingham and Manchester. The tour T-shirt had all the dates on the back and a massive stamp in the shape of a US car registration plate reading "Sold Out". Every gig rammed, every gig fun, all the band wore the trademark bermuda shorts and there was rope swings and ramps all of the stage set.

In answer to TD, Danny Spitz always even during the above tours had this air of arrogance and aloofness, not sure but maybe that was what led to his departure ???

Can't wait for the Astoria - London in March.

Originally posted by mrthrax
good for u timmy,one regret that i have was not seeing the anthrax juggernaut with danny and joey,i was just starting to really get into the thrax when they toured,i was young had no money thought they would be back soon!!!

some thingss are not meant to be

MRTHRAX,

A friend of mine lived in Adelaide around the Among the Living and State of Euphoria periods.

And when they played there was near riots getting in to the shows mainly as I remember because they didn't sell tickets prior to gigs so everyone just turned up and stormed the arenas!

The first time i saw Anthrax live was on the SOWN tour at the legendary Barrowland (well legendary if u come from the uk).
Opened with my favorite song of all time (potters field) and played every song u could wish to hear... Bush done a suicidal stage dive from the top of the speakers and landed on my mates.
Fantastic...Also caught one of wee squinty clock fixers picks that still has pride of place on my cheesy P.O.T. mirror...(next 2 scotts from the Motorhead tour)....I have since been 2 see Slayer, Pantera, Metallica, Megadeth ect and none have matched that night for sheer heavyness...

The last concert in Munich was pretty cool including me and friends staying in pub a hour and half late so our ticket reservation expired and we had pretty difficulty getting them. But I remember a cool story in Prague, Roxy Club, Volume 8 tour. Me and mate were standing next to the aisle to toilets and backstage. Suddenly, John Bush appeared and approached to us. We said, "Hi John" and he was like, hey guys, how are you doin'? Then my mate offered John a cigarette. He said he would like to, but suddenly, some kind of tour guy appeared next to us and disapproved it with the words: "No, no, he's singing, he can't smoke!" :lol:

one thing is noticed with danny on the live noize video,near the end of the show he just wanders off and starts talking to the roadies.

maybe he just wasnt really into the public enemy thing?

I have a few, Last time thay where in shicago, I Sang A Vurse to Bring The Noise, John Must have seen that thro out the night I knew every word to every song thay played, so when Thay started playing BTN he gave me the mic, and i sand a verse, and I also have a S.O.D. Story, For the song United Forces I jumped the Blockade and got on stage and i sage alil of the song with Billy, it was real cool....thats all i have to say for now because I am Drunk...lol.....

wednesday november 4th, 1987..st georges hall, Bradford, England..
Anthrax and testament....
the next morning..."mum, my neck hurts...can i skip school"
(Joey didnt have a clue which town he was in)

This is my story : back in the eighties I used to be manager of an band called "Cyclone". In May 86 we had the chance to play 3 shows with Anthrax and Overkill. On the last day (a sunday) the PA truck returned to Holland and left the Anthrax boys with all their stuff in the middle of nowhere. We loaded the Anthrax gear in our small van and drove them to the airport. When I came home at 6 AM my father asked me : "Son, do you know what day it is" ? And I said : "I believe it's monday". Dad replied with : "And what so special about today" ? I looked at him and said : "Damn, I forgot : I have to go to the Army today" !!!!!
I almost didn't sleep for 4 days, never changed clothes... in one word : I looked awful (and a bit smelly too). I went to the army, and after a brief medical check up, the doctor looked at me and said : "You ? In the army ? Never" ! I went home, took a shower and slept for 2 days ! Anthrax saved me from the army !

When I saw Anthrax with Life of Agony and Grinspoon in Columbus in September of '98, Anthrax covered Maiden's "Hallowed Be Thy Name" with Whit Crane on vocals. That was pretty goddamn awesome even though Whit was drunk off his ass and not singing well and Scott didn't seem to know the song well.