Concerts / Festivals / etc. 2006

Geri

child of sadness
Apr 2, 2005
Meefrångn
Hey @all: which concerts / festivals / tours are you planning to see this year? ...and also, which bands have you already seen this year?

Here my list:

27.01. BoltThrower + Malevolent Creation (It's already over but anyway belongs to my list for 2006)
19.03. In Flames + Sepultura
12.04 . Hypocrisy, Soilwork, Amorphis, etc.
22.04. The Gathering

and these were just those for whom I've already bought my ticket :loco:

My plans for summer may include also:

17.-19.08 SUMMERBREEZE Festival

but i still don't have my ticket so ...we'll see ;)

Gigs I've gone to this year so far:
Behemoth w/Hobb's Angel of Death, The Amenta, The Furor, Psycroptic, Flesh Mechanic, Ebolie, Beyond Terror Beyond Grace.
Vanishing Point w/Transcending Mortality and Lycanthia
Mortal Sin (20th anniversary show) w/Alarum and Darker Half

All these bands are Australian except for Behemoth. We don't get an ambundance of tours down here. Although in the next two months I'm seeing The Haunted, Exodus and Opeth on the international scale and then LORD's (ex-Dungeon) first gig ever with one of my favourite Australian bands whom I have never seen, Voyager. And Cryptopsy just announced an Aussie tour as well so I've got a bit coming up :headbang:

So far I saw Bolt Thrower, Obituary and Dismember on their respective tours. Already have tickets for a couple of festivals (No Mercy, Ragnarök and Rock Hard) as well as for Primordial/Moonsorrow/Mourning Beloveth.

Saw Reverend Bizarre, Skyclad and Diamond Head.

My most anticipated gigs to come:

Solitude Aeturnus in April
Lake Of Tears in September (or Octomber, cant remember)
and hopefully Orphaned Land in Croatia in April

I´m usually very very drunk at concerts so can´t really remember to many of them... :oops: :D
Oh yeah, I went to the local qualifier for the Danish Metal Grand Prix a couple of weeks ago! Can´t remember who won, though... :)

Planned:
4/3 Old-Isposed, Insidiöus Törment (Old-Isposed are the original lineup from the 1996 Illdisposed album 'Submit', + different guys on vocals, doing a once in a lifetime appearance, so it´s a must-see!!!)
15/4 (easter saturday :devil: ) King Diamond
8-10/6 Sweden Rock Festival.
?-?/8 Wacken Open Air

so far this year,my concert count is 0.
I go to see Distorted on March 13th...I'm selling tickets to that show too.
April 1st...Opeth in Tel Aviv
off course the next Orphaned Land show in Israel which currently has no date.
probably will go to a Betzefer concert whenever the nex one will be.

:hotjump: Orphaned land in Italy !!!!:hotjump:
:Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :OMG: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin:

Yeahhhhhhhh ......:hotjump:

I a past long long ago (1996), I visited the Monsters of Rock festival in Donington England, together with my brother.
It was one of the weirdest and best festival experiences I ever had, people from all over the world came to the place. as far as Australia, Japan :loco:

This year hasn't seen too much action so far. Normally I see lots of shows, being Dutch I can see a show every single day. But I started a new job in January , that and the fanclub is taking up most of my time.

But I am planning to go see some Orphaned shows, and Epica as well. The rest- who nows...

Festivals: Ragnarök Festival
Ultima Ratio
Rock Hard Festival
Wacken Open Air

I´m sick about the Summer Breeze line up for this year, compared with the line up last year.

LANTHWICK said:
Monsters of rock if official http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsters_of_Rock#Bulgaria
some locals for the few monthes

I'm speechless..ok ...gotta manage my vacation at home already now i think .....home sweet home - I'm comming :loco:

rafi said:
israeli band that call betzefer, will play on this show

I know and I listen to Betzefer (actually also right now :loco: ) but so far as i know they won't play there.

But Betzefer are going to play on the 02.05 in Berlin so I'll be there (Betzefer+President Evil) :devil:

Here's a list of Betzefer tourdates I found.

BETZEFER, KORODED, PRESIDENT EVIL
13.04.2006 - Hamburg, Markthalle
14.04.2006 - Halle, Rockpool Arena
15.04.2006 - Vaihingen, JH Abseits
16.04.2006 - Oberndorf, Bahnhof
17.04.2006 - Köln, Live Music Hall
18.04.2006 - Stuttgart, Longhorn
19.04.2006 - Heidelberg, Schwimmbad
20.04.2006 - A-Wien, Movimento
21.04.2006 - A-Hartberg, Stadtwerke
22.04.2006 - CH-Oberentfelden, Böröm Pöm Pöm
30.04.2006 - Wachenroth, Toxicity
02.05.2006 - Berlin, K17
03.05.2006 - Bremen, Tower
04.05.2006 - Mönchengladbach, Projekt 42

rafi said:
israeli band that call betzefer, will play on this show
Well, as far as Stuttgart is concerned, you're right...
:D

18.04.2006 - FUCK EASTER FESTIVAL
HYPOCRISY (S) / SOILWORK (S) / AMORPHIS (FIN) /
BETZEFER (ISR) / ONE MAN ARMY & THE UNDEAD QUARTET (S) / CATARACT (CH) / SCAR SYMMETRY (S) /
KORODED / SILENTDECAY

Morticia NL. said:
Geri- looks like you are going to practice your hebrew again.
So, what is summer vacation like in Bulgaria- wondering, hmmm, how much is a ticket to that place???

well I've spoken with some people over there and it seem not to be that sure for now. The city where it should take place is even unknown...and everything ele is still not confirmed but just planed. well we'll see ...I'll tell you when i have some more informations ;)