Concerts I wish I'd seen

Wrathchild

Miserable Bastard
Apr 16, 2001
Enfield, South Australia
Visit site
Even if I limit it to Australian tours that happened in my lifetime, the list is still a mile long :rolleyes:. Here goes...

1980- Black Sabbath
1980- KISS
1982- Iron Maiden
1984- Queen
1985- Deep Purple
1985- Iron Maiden
1989- Alice Cooper
1990- Aerosmith
1992- Iron Maiden (Melbourne/Sydney only)
1993- Paul McCartney
1994- Tori Amos
1995- Faith No More
1996- Ozzy Osbourne
1997- Sammy Hagar
1997- Faith No More
1997- Alice Cooper
1998- E.S.P. (their first and only live shows)
1998- Brian May
1999- Deep Purple
2001- " "
2001- Alice Cooper
2001- Judas Priest
2002- Dungeon (twice!)
2003- KISS Symphony (Melbourne only)

I've gotta start getting out more :cry:

W

I wont limit it to Australian tours as that would require knowing who toured when, so with that in mind:

Iced Earth in Athens for the 2 shows recorded for the live album.

Iron Maiden on the World Slavery tour, or the Brave New World tour, or pretty much any of them really...

Blaze on the Tenth Dimension tour.

Slipknot at the London show they filmed for the dvd.

A Black Sabbath show with Tony Martin on vocals.

Morbid Angel on the tour for Domination or Blessed Are The Sick.

Metallica on the black album or Justice tours, or the load/reload ones I guess.

:headbang:

Of the shows listed above... I saw Metallica's Reload tour, Faith No More's 1997 tour, Dungeon's 2002 tour, Priest's 2001 tour and of course the Kiss Symphony.

Here are some Australian tours I wish I saw:

KISS - Unmasked Tour at VFL Park (1980)
KISS - Kiss My Ass Downunder Tour (1995)
Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood Tour (1990)
Poison - Open Up & Say...Ahh! Tour (1989)
Iron Maiden - Beast On The Road (1982)
Iron Maiden - World Slavery Tour (1985)
Twisted Sister - Stay Hungry Tour (1985)
Alice Cooper - Trash Tour (1989)
Alice Cooper - Brutally Live (2001 - Big regret!!)
AC/DC - Stiff Upper Lip Tour (2001 - Big regret too!!)
Bon Jovi - Keep The Faith Tour (1993 - So close too!)
Bon Jovi - New Jersey Tour (1989)
Guns N Roses/Skid Row at Calder Park (1993)
Warrant - Cherry Pie Tour (1991)

I also wish I saw every Melbourne show on Kiss' Reunion and Farewell Tours haha. I only saw 1 on the Reunion Tour and 2 on the Farewell Tour. Greedy aren't I haha.

Some various other shows I REALLY wish I saw:

Kiss - Rio De Janero 1983! Last makeup show... Vinnie on guitar... 150,000 people there... best atmosphere I've seen at a show!

KISS on the Lick It Up tour somewhere.... first non-makeup tour, Vinnie on guitar, and one of the shows with Motley Crue as the support band on their Shout At The Devil tour!

KISS on the Revenge Tour!!!! That had a 23 song setlist mixing lots of non-makeup songs and lots of rarely played makeup songs! Plus there was lasers and strippers and a big Statue Of Liberty, cool!

Also, Kiss on their early tours before they even got big. I can just imagine seeing them playing halls and clubs and blowing the roof off the place, or completely blowing the headlining acts off the stage!

Also would've loved to have seen WASP on their very first tour, Motley Crue opening the heavy metal day of the US Rock Festival 1983 just before Shout At The Devil came out (got it on video, AWESOME!), and a large number of hair bands who have never come here.

Wrathchild said:
1980- KISS
1982- Iron Maiden

1989- Alice Cooper
1990- Aerosmith
1994- Tori Amos
1995- Faith No More
1996- Ozzy Osbourne
1997- Sammy Hagar
1997- Alice Cooper
1998- E.S.P. (their first and only live shows)
1998- Brian May
2002- Dungeon (twice!)
W
I went to every one of these above except Faith No More I had a free ticket given to me by a band member when I met them and showed them where the great clubs were. I didn't go as it was on mothers day and I had promosed to take mum out for dinner. She told me to go and take her out another night but I felt you have to do the right thing and take your mum out like promised.(I'm a good daughter)

The Trooper said:
KISS - Unmasked Tour at VFL Park (1980)
KISS - Kiss My Ass Downunder Tour (1995)
Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood Tour (1990)
Poison - Open Up & Say...Ahh! Tour (1989)
Twisted Sister - Stay Hungry Tour (1985)
Alice Cooper - Trash Tour (1989)
AC/DC - Stiff Upper Lip Tour (2001 - Big regret too!!)
Bon Jovi - Keep The Faith Tour (1993 - So close too!)
Bon Jovi - New Jersey Tour (1989)
Guns N Roses/Skid Row at Calder Park (1993)
Warrant - Cherry Pie Tour (1991)

ner ner I went to the Sydney one of all of these :p
lol.gif
dozey.gif

I would have been too young to go to the first half-dozen or so on my list, but everything else I blame on a lack of funds, inaccessible venues and being generally fed up with the amount of military-style planning it takes to get me out of the house :bah:

W

Wrathchild said:
Even if I limit it to Australian tours that happened in my lifetime, the list is still a mile long :rolleyes:. Here goes...

1995- Faith No More
You shoulda seen 'em on their first tour in 1990... It was wild. They'd been booked on a small club tour after the release of 'The Real Thing', but in the meantime, "Epic" went number one on the charts and it was too late to rebook the tour! So FNM played at these tiny rooms with only 300 capacity. :D And the Hard Ons were the support band. What a tour!

By the way Wrathy, that's some list. Do you ever go to concerts? :)

My main one would be Megadeth last year, fuck I can't believe I missed that! Damn being underage at the time! :mad:

Others:

Priest last year.
Metallica on the Damaged Justice tour (though I would have been about 5 :lol: ).
FNM (any of their tours).
Nevermore with Dungeon support! :eek:
Destruction last year would have been cool.
I want to go to a Metal For The Brain at some stage.
Ozzy back in 96.

And I know I will wish I saw The Haunted after I miss the gig on Friday. :(

Blitzkrieg said:
Nevermore with Dungeon support! :eek:

You werent the only one who missed that, I think I remember Tim saying Nevermore played to about 45 people in Sydney on a Tuesday night! I didnt know about them then so I missed it as well :(

I was 13 or 14 when FNM toured here in 1990, so I don't think I'd have been allowed into a nightclub like Lenny's :lol: I'd always liked them, but didn't listen to them properly for another three years. Their cover of War Pigs also helped me get into Sabbath. Two great bands for the price of one!

Gore, see my previous post for the reasons I can't get to many gigs. It's very offpissing, but could be worse.

W

1989 - Alice Cooper (I was in Hobart)
1993 - Living Colour
1993 - Alice in Chains and Suicidal Tendencies
1997 - Alice Cooper (I was in England....grrr!)
1997 - SYL (I was in Brisbane when they played in Melbourne, and Indonesia when they played in Brisbane.....double grrr!)
2001 - Judas Priest (I was in Indonesia again)
Plus those Deep Purple tours

:headbang:Black Sabbath in prime say 1974 to 1978 .
:headbang:980 Heaven & Hell Sabbath Tour got a bootleg of Newcastle Show not quite the same,
:devil:1982 Iron Maiden
:headbang:Black Sabbath Renuion in 1999 i think played on 5th dec which was my Birthday , just could'nt convience Michelle we could afford $8000 or so bucks for me to fly to the UK.