Confirmed: Deep Purple in Oz in April

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Well folks...I've been holding off for a while now, but it seems the deal has been done!!

DEEP PURPLE ARE TOURING AUSTRALIA IN APRIL!!

I can confirm that it will definitely be a smaller room tour - theatres and intimate modes, so don't expect 10,000 seaters.

Have any of these promoters liaised with each other about all these tours? Entombed, Anthrax, Soilwork, DEL and Deep Purple, all in the one month. Some of these shows are going to clash and even if they don't, only a rich bastard could hope to go to them all.

OK. Any idea of when in April approximately they'll be here? I have a sibling who is arriving in Australia in that month who may be interested in going.

Oooooooh. Cos he arrives on the 25th.

I like Deep Purple. Any word on whether or not Gillan and Glover have been fired and replaced by Coverdale and Hughes? Cos that would be neat.

Last I checked, Gillan and Glover were replaced by Simon and Garfunkel. They changed their name to Deep Garfunkel, but there were copywrite issues, so Gillan and Glover came back and they changed the name back to Deep Purple

More news to come.

Just found this on the deep purple site:[font=Arial,Helvetica]Deep Purple touring Australia [/font]
Starting late April, Deep Purple will take in a string of medium-sized theatres in major Australian cities. Tentative venues include Melbourne's Regent Theatre, Adelaide's The Barton, Sydney's Lyric Theatre and Brisbane's QPAC. Check back for further details.