Confirmed: Deep Purple in Oz in April

I can finally shed more light on the DEEP PURPLE OZ 2004

DP are doing Brisbane/Convention Cent. 17/4 - Sydney/Lyric 20/4 - Melb./Regent 24/4. More to be added if sold out I believe (except Brissy...one and only)...

NO ADELAIDE - NO PERTH

Billy Thorpe and band (not Aztecs) are special guests
+ supported by Mandrake

They will NOT be doing "MachineHead" in it's entirety as they have in the USA

Ooh, Convention Centre instead of QPAC. I suggested that venue a while ago, so it's good to see they've listened to me. :)

Methinks I'll stay the night at Rydges as well, save me having to wait for an hour for a cab again.

Erm... not sure. I saw Cold Chisel at the Convention Centre and it was like $100 or so, but then I think Evanescence (who I didn't see) were like $80 or so. I'm leaning towards $80 because its not like they tour with a complex set like the expensive bands do. Deep Purple just have amps and a pretty backdrop.

Bad News Spiffooooo...

A Reserve Tix are.... Wait for it.... $149

B Reserve Tix are close to $100.. Cant remember exactly. But I hear that A Reserve takes up about 80% of the seating, so B Reserve would be shithouse. Apparently there is a reasonable explanation for the high costs.

OK. I'm not gonna go see Deep Purple then. Seen em twice already so that's enough for me, considering they're not listening to their fans and replacing Gillan and Glover with Coverdale and Hughes.

Fark me dead. I guess prices would be similar in Melb then. Shit, wish I saw them last time. Would have been much cheaper then. :(

What the fuck is it with ticket prices these days? It wasn't like this two years ago.