Conflicted...

my parents would never give me money to listen to "devil music". i want opera tickets, no problem, but going to a metal concert? never happen on their dime.

Just go by yourself! You'll meet lots of new people that way as long as you're not standing in a corner with your arms crossed the whole time.

I went solo to see Opeth back on the Deliverance tour and it was a blast, even met the band afterwards!

@alienuth I'm a girl too! Metalheads are quite friendly. :p

Bleak Harvest said:
Hey there. Long time Opeth fan, not so long time poster at UM.

I've been listening to Opeth for around three years now and I think their music is the dogs bollocks. I never got a chance to see them back when I lived in England, because everything went tits up when I tried to plan it. Now I'm living in the U.S. and I've got a chance to go to the show at Towson, Recher Theatre in Maryland.

Here's the shite part though, none of my buddies are here to with it with me, so I'd be going on me tod. And that's my problem. I really want to go, but don't wanna end up feeling like an arse because I don't have any of my mates there with me to share the experience. Anyone here go on there own just to see an Opeth show? I'm more than loyal enough, but don't wanna feel like the only one there by himself :zzz:

I feel ure pain my man.........i took my wife to a show of Opeth...and she was not really into it......adn sadly when they coem agian to Tx...im gonan have to go with my band mates or soemthing.....hoepfulyl I can convince her to coem with me....coz I have sacrificed enough for her already...hahahaha......i saw SHERYL CROW, COldplay, ELEFANT adn all taht chick rock bands .....so I think she kindda owes me....hahahaha........I hope u find some company...!!!!.......PEAC EOUT

WAZ HAS A WIFE? HOLY SHIT. I THOUGHT HE WAS SOME IMMATURE TEENAGER.

WTF? YOU'RE MARRIED? QUIT THE PEAC EOUT SHIT MAN!

I'm going to see Opeth twice in April. Once I will be (hopefully) with friends, the other time I'll be doing it alone. It's not such a big deal if you go alone. If you get in a mosh, no one cares who you are with...and most people are pretty friendly at REAL metal concerts (ie not slipknot concerts).

Hey buddy, just go to the show. I'll be at the Recher with you, should be an awesome time.

I started a group on Facebook.com. It was called "help send Braighs to the Opeth concert". er someting. I invited everyone who listed Opeth in their profile. I got about 3 responces of people eager to split gas money. er meat a fellow Opethian. I ended up riding with a bunch of vegans blasting death metal for a 4 hr drive. -:headbang:'n good time.