Congrats Dave Mustaine

I have Mustaine recorded saying "The System Has Failed" is their last album. Read it a few different places too. He doesn't say he's done making music, just that Megadeth is no more.

Sanctuary Records is the worst record label in the history of life on Earth.
I will NEVER buy anything from Sanctuary.

BOYCOTT SANCTUARY!!!

How in the world did Anthrax manage to go from crappy label to crappy label after the Elektra fallout? Amazing stroke of bad luck. Didn't they leave Island in the first place because they thought they were a crappy label too?

I think they left for Elektra because they thought they would reach "metallica" heights with a major label behind them, and Elektra had a good track record with a similar style band

Fuck Dave Mustaine!! Coward....

(but Magadeth will always be one of the greatest bands in the history)

aliasp said:
aren't Maiden still with Sanctuary?

I think Sanctuary is their management company - last time I looked (and I could be wrong on this), they're signed to Portrait/Columbia.

Friggin' shame what happened to Sanctuary - they were a helluva better label when they were CMC International. Thraxx and I have shared war stories on this in PMs.

Or move to DC and hook up with Dischord - heh heh. Record labels are pretty much history now anyway - it was too mad to last. With any luck, the 20th century with be the only century in which record labels held any sway over music.

meh dave mustaine is megadeth lol it wouldn't be without him.

megadeth have officially split up some time earlier this year, and dave mustaine is still recording by himself apparently for a solo career... but they are coming back together for gigantour with DT hooray!
but count how many people mustaine allegedly has feuds with... all of metallica, this list goes on... just unecessary

Sanctuarys shite.

mrthrax said:
hmm wouldnt that put them in the same situation as what happened to ignition?,or would they merge with a bigger label...
Nope. At least Ignition started to promote the fucking band before filing bankruptcy.
From my point of view: it's better to be on no label at all then to be on Sanctuary.
If the next Anthrax CD; DVD; etc. is on Sanctuary, I'll import it from Europe.
BOYCOTT SANCTUARY!!