Congrats Dustin

jimbobhickville

Tyrant in Distress
Let me be the first to congratulate Katagory V on an awesome performance. Other than the vocals and guitars being a little too low in the mix and me being mostly deaf since the show :), they were spot-on. The new material was great; can't wait for the new CD. Alright, I'll shut up with the praise now.

Oh, a funny story. I was a little confused on how to get back to the highway, and a cop pulled me over for "not properly signaling my lane change" (which was total bullshit, 'cause I did, I think he was hoping I was drunk). It turned out to be good 'cause he told me how to get to the highway. First time I ever got pulled over, lol.

Anyhoo, I'm tired and I'm rambling...off to bed.

Thanks for comming out to the show! It was actually one of our better performances (aside for sound quality and Matt blowing a spring on his left bass drum pedal!) It actually pays to have your own sound guy for things like this....anyone interested? LOL!!!!

There were several people that got pulled over...I was fortunate enough NOT to be one of them!!! that was your first time being pulled over??? they REALLY must have been looking for something to do then!

Also...thanks for braving DAVIDIAN'S set....I know it was noisy and at times annoying (yes...they botched that Fear factory song....in part because of me I think!). I didn't expect anyone to stick around for them....
I was damn exausted after that...3 hours and 24 songs in one night! the place pertty much cleared out halfway through there set didn't they..???LOL! oh well...jsut helping out some friends....

Dustin

Congrats on the show, Dustin! Except for my minor issues with the guitar sound, everything was great. The singer has one of the strongest set of pipes I've heard around here, and you sing a pretty mean backup vocal yourself!

The bass playing is killer also, and you definately have a good feel on how to propell the song, plus you have a very good tone, like I've said before, I really like the direction and I have a feeling the Fate's comparisons will be less and less judging on your newer material. Keep us posted on when the next show is.
Marc

Thanks for the compliments and comming out to the show Marc! I was told from alot of peole that the guitars were either too low in the mix or they were to loud with too much high end. It's my opinion that the clubs sound guy isn't used to our style of music and seeing how it wasn't a full house, there were no "body's" to absorb a lot of the sound. Not to mention I was told it was "extermely LOUD!"

I'm glad you liked my Bass playing! unlike "most" metal bands (especially local ones) I try to play with melody and with the drums....and avoid if at all possible, playing everything the guitars play. not as a rule.....just as a personal prefrence. :)

ahhhh shucks...my back-ups are "okay", and Lynn has helped a lot in teaching me how to blend with him. he should get all the credit!

Hopefully the new material sounds more like "us" than the usual Fates Warning/Sanctuary/Destiny's End comparisons we always get. I love being compared to some of my *favorite* bands....I just don't want Katagory V to come off as a clone.
Personally I think a lot of people who bought or heard our demo will be a bit surprised by the new material once it's released...which is definalty our direction and the path we will be traveling.

aside form any other gigs that my pop up (which are always few and far between) you guys are always welcome to come and hang out anytime! Especially at our "heavy metal" BBQ's we throw in the summer!

Dustin

Metal BBQ's...now that sounds interesting...hehe.

Davidian did butcher that Fear Factory song, but I didn't really notice whether you did because everyone else did. The vocals, drums and guitars just weren't on for that one. Anyway, the rest of the set was aight, excluding the vocalist. I wasn't familiar with the SOD song, 'cause I've only heard their first CD. The Slayer cover was nice.

About the guitars on Katagory V, generally they were too quiet, but when the lead guitarist would go into solos, the treble was too high. Really, they're just minor complaints. I thought you guys kicked some serious ass. Anyhoo, next time I'll remember some ear plugs so I can hear for the next few days, hehe. I think my hearing is finally back to normal.

Later.