Congrats to Ed on His Conklin Endorsement!

It is ALL about the groove Kev, and the SLAP and the Buddha just tears the GT7 apart.

This guy also is very humble as well and has an amazing outlook on life as well. In a time and day and age of flashy cocky arragant look at me type players scaling all over the place not holding down any kind of groove that is refreshing, Victor is another one who is head and shoulders above the rest.

I highly recomend both of these cats stuff for any bassist that wants to raise their game to that next level especially funk or slap wise.

Very enlightening stuff.
That's cool to know. You can tell by the way that Bill Dickens and Victor Wooten play with bands and other bassists that they don't have a big ego. I've also been able to tell that about Victor Wooten in interviews and and while speaking on stage.

Thanks Derek

I am still working it being that I jumped right from the 4 to the 7.

Hey you did an amazing job with Thought Chamber, Ted played it for me a while ago. I really loved your playing it is damn tight and really in the pocket. Which for that material is pretty amazing. Great creativity as well nice work!

Congrats, Ed. That's a fine lookin bass you've got there...

Have fun with all those extra notes!

Derek

Thanks Derek

I am still working it being that I jumped right from the 4 to the 7.

Hey you did an amazing job with Thought Chamber, Ted played it for me a while ago. I really loved your playing it is damn tight and really in the pocket. Which for that material is pretty amazing. Great creativity as well nice work!

Thanks a ton, man.. Part of me would love to be humble and say "aww, it was nothing", but the truth of it is that it was a ton of hard work in both the writing of the parts *and* the execution...(thank the PTB for ProTools and punching-in!). I've done a lot of crazy playing with Haji's Kitchen and other stuff, but I've never had to worry about helping to appropriately "guide" songs of that length and with that many changes. There was a lot of sweating, listening & re-recording involved, but I'm extremely proud of the songs overall, as well as my own parts themselves.

Thanks for noticing! :headbang:

To get back on topic, I'm not sure I've really got any advice for you on jumping from 4 to 7. I went from 4 to 5 to 6 along my path, so the change was never that abrupt. I'd say once you get comfortable with how it sounds, just leave the 4 at home & jump right in. You'll probably have to endure the odd bad note now & again, but with me that happens anyway... :lol:

I would recommend taking more time to stretch & warm up your left hand though. When I went from the 5 to the 6 I ran into fatigue issues with my left when it came to gigging, so you may have to "feel out" what your hands need for a bit.

Lookin' forward to the new Enchant, man..

Derek

Be proud of it all you did a great job. Incredible work! I need to get a copy from Ted when I see him.

Hey the GT7 it is actually surprising easy to play and sounds really nice. And when I go back to the Kubicki after using this beast I can play at some amazing BPMs :zombie: It would be hard to leave home without the Factor man :lol: ever. Maybe Phil could make me a seven also :lol:

It is an exersise just playing but yes the stretching is probably a very good idea.

Thanks a ton, man.. Part of me would love to be humble and say "aww, it was nothing", but the truth of it is that it was a ton of hard work in both the writing of the parts *and* the execution...(thank the PTB for ProTools and punching-in!). I've done a lot of crazy playing with Haji's Kitchen and other stuff, but I've never had to worry about helping to appropriately "guide" songs of that length and with that many changes. There was a lot of sweating, listening & re-recording involved, but I'm extremely proud of the songs overall, as well as my own parts themselves.

Thanks for noticing! :headbang:

To get back on topic, I'm not sure I've really got any advice for you on jumping from 4 to 7. I went from 4 to 5 to 6 along my path, so the change was never that abrupt. I'd say once you get comfortable with how it sounds, just leave the 4 at home & jump right in. You'll probably have to endure the odd bad note now & again, but with me that happens anyway... :lol:

I would recommend taking more time to stretch & warm up your left hand though. When I went from the 5 to the 6 I ran into fatigue issues with my left when it came to gigging, so you may have to "feel out" what your hands need for a bit.

Lookin' forward to the new Enchant, man..

Derek