Congratulations Behringer, you just lost me a client.

Man that´s a shitty move from him...

I once had a guy in my studio who said that he wouldn´t record at my studio because I don´t use a mac. But he don´t has a band so I don´t care. Still a stupid comment.

This is why Avatar is total bullshit! /sarcasm

148094d1260723936-230-million-dollar-budget-behringer-mixer-avatar.jpg

Did he even listen to your work before he showed up?
He sure did, got recommended by another band I did, who really liked the work I did for him and apparently so did he. I'm starting to think it was just a lame excuse. It happened right after discussing rates :S Which are cheap...

I dont think rating a studio by its gear is bullshit.
People paying a lot of money get their stuff mixed on an SSL or neve.
If a studio owner with good gear is using some behringer gear for no important stuff, thats totaly fine!!!

That dude was an idiot!!!

I dont think rating a studio by its gear is bullshit.
People paying a lot of money get their stuff mixed on an SSL or neve.

I agree partly. Although someone who owns an SSL probably knows his stuff well anyway, I think only the end result should matter.

I do agree with the rest of your post though.

I would consider the studio's published work to be more important than what gear they're using. If some guy manages to put out the next Black Album with an E-Mu 0202 and a Casio boom box for monitoring, I'm going to make the assumption that he knows what he's doing and can probably accomplish something similar for my material.

I would consider the studio's published work to be more important than what gear they're using. If some guy manages to put out the next Black Album with an E-Mu 0202 and a Casio boom box for monitoring, I'm going to make the assumption that he knows what he's doing and can probably accomplish something similar for my material.

This... +1000

Dude... that's ridiculous I own a lot of Behringer gear.. it's been nothing but fucking solid, not to mention my main guitar amp is a Bugera.. who Behringer make right? And those things sound absolutely brutal.. you can get in the same ball park as a mesa for £400 compared to paying £2000 for a Mesa here... I mean shit man go watch some YT vid's people have compared Bugera's and Mesa's side by side.. ad imo the Bugera sounds better (but obviously better is a relative term.. that being down to our own personal tastes, maybe it's the price or something I dunno but it just seems like a sweeter amp to me.

Unprofessional? That guy seriously wasn't in that from the start.. I bet you intimidated him as a professional and he felt somewhat dwarfed by your polite and experienced manner...

oh and in fact.. if anyone ever says to you Behringer gear is unprofessional again just buy a projector and have this video ready to play to them :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude... that's ridiculous I own a lot of Behringer gear.. it's been nothing but fucking solid, not to mention my main guitar amp is a Bugera.. who Behringer make right? And those things sound absolutely brutal.. you can get in the same ball park as a mesa for £400 compared to paying £2000 for a Mesa here... I mean shit man go watch some YT vid's people have compared Bugera's and Mesa's side by side.. ad imo the Bugera sounds better (but obviously better is a relative term.. that being down to our own personal tastes, maybe it's the price or something I dunno but it just seems like a sweeter amp to me.

Unprofessional? That guy seriously wasn't in that from the start.. I bet you intimidated him as a professional and he felt somewhat dwarfed by your polite and experienced manner...

oh and in fact.. if anyone ever says to you Behringer gear is unprofessional again just buy a projector and have this video ready to play to them :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDkvAkPcEk8

Yeeeeeeah... judging the quality of a guitar amp from a youtube video made with a hissing, clipping camera mic... this will make your clients think that you are a professional for sure.

Youtube video or not.. you can hear what the Mesa sounds like and people KNOW Mesa's sound good... so with another amp sounding very similar to it, wouldn't it be pretty safe to assume that the other amp also sounds pretty damn good.. or am I missing something here?

Youtube video or not.. you can hear what the Mesa sounds like and people KNOW Mesa's sound good... so with another amp sounding very similar to it, wouldn't it be pretty safe to assume that the other amp also sounds pretty damn good.. or am I missing something here?

:lol: "Hey guy, I know this Bugera sounds like ass on the video but so does Mesa, and you know Mesa rocks! Well since my Bugera sounds just as assey as the Mesa does so you know it's really just as good...."

Yeah, Good luck with that.

Dunno, but for me, I'd rather pay 35 bucks an hour to go in a studio that records triggers with a Behringer via ADAT than one that wants me to use a Bugera amp, lol

Dunno, but for me, I'd rather pay 35 bucks an hour to go in a studio that records triggers with a Behringer via ADAT than one that wants me to use a Bugera amp, lol

Personally I couldn't care less what Behringer stuff is in the racks if the dude using it can make a decent sounding record with it. The stuff I've heard from the Behringer valve amps has been really good actually.

Funny to read this today-- yesterday I comissioned a Behr ADA8000 + converter mod. Hopefully the B logo won't make my customers run away. IT'S JUST FOR SCRATCH TRACKS I PROMISE!:worship: