Mar 15, 2003
Sweden
Visit site
April:

17th - Ankara, Saklikent - TURKEY
18th - Izmir, Cool Events - TURKEY
19th - Istanbul, Yeni Melek - TURKEY
? - Eskisehir, 222 - TURKEY

Never heard of any non-Turkish band doing 4 shows there before.

Thanks, although they fucked up the tour dates.. Istanbul should have been 19th, and its not Saklient but Saklikent (hidden city).

Waiting eagerly. I hope I do not miss this one.

Istanbul-Ankara : 4hr by car, 1hr on plane
Ankara-Izmir: 4hr by car, 1hr on plane
Istanbul-Izmir : ~10hr by car, 1hr on plane

Eskisehir isn't far away from Ankara

^I guess you need a car..

Annihilat0r has a Mercedes but he doesnt drive cause he's pussy and wont let me drive either because he is even pussier :S

Istanbul Live date is appearing 19th April and (venue is Maçka Küçükçiftlik Park) on our tickets.. I emailed to ticket company about "is there any change on Istanbul Live date and place".. and waiting for the answer.. Opeth's page said that the venue is "Yeni Melek (New Angel :p)".. I think webmaster (probably Mike's wife) copied from "2006 March - İstanbul Yeni Melek Live".. in fact everthing may change so we must wait and see :)

Never heard of any non-Turkish band doing 4 shows there before.

Even though Turkish metal bands generally aren't able to do tours here. :D Only Pentagram(Mezarkabul) can. :D

Well,recently we have made some improvement about that case.Katatonia made four-show tour in 2006.Anathema is coming every fucking year and they even went to cities like Antalya. :D (We got bored but the organisators haven't.I personally think that Anathema should not come to Turkey until they release their new album.)We mostly have two shows per band now,in İstanbul and Ankara.Still,the guys living in İstanbul are way too lucky than us because İstanbul is the priority (and it should be! :D) for the non-Turkish metal/rock bands and organisators.

^I wonder why.. 15 million population maybe? :D

To be honest,Ankara is symbolic capital.İstanbul is the main capital of Turkey still. :D
But man,the city is crowded as hell,I like to be there but I am not that patient to stand that crowd and traffic. :D

Opeth and Turkey... it's great they've been doing so many mini tours in many countries recently. Probably because they're still not big enough for larger venues but the shows are still sold out quite often.