Evergrey explain show cancellations

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
As you most are aware of by now, we had to cancel the show in Istanbul last Saturday. We have played in Turkey before and we know that we have many loyal fans there. We were looking forward to this show so this cancellation makes us very sad and upset, but please understand that this situation was out of our control.

Everything regarding this show was just a mess. We as a band don't have any huge "rock star" demands but this time it was totally impossible to perform a quality show due to the fact that the local promoter had booked another show at the same venue, the same evening, and there was no way for us to be able to do a proper soundcheck etc. The safety for both us and the audience would have been insufficient as well. Basically, everything that should have been organized was not taken care of. The local Turkish promoter takes the full responsibility for this cancellation and he admits that everything was due to his mistakes and was not because of the band.

To make matters worse, the trailer to our nightliner bus broke down the day after this scheduled show. During our ten year long career we have NEVER cancelled a show, but now we were unfortunately forced to cancel two shows in a row. We're aware that this probably did not look good if you did not know all the details, and that's why we are making this announcement now for you all.

We would like to apologize to our fans for this cancellation and we guarantee you that we soon will be back!

--EG

Nobody blamed anyone. These things just happen. And they are supposed to be forgotten. Of course it is up to the band to make it forgotten. We are the fans, and we have the right to complain sometimes. Don't we ?

So I hope the ones that blamed Evergrey were wise enough to accept the truth.

My only problem was the "explanation" thing. And of course i am wise enough not to blame a band directly after such a cancellation and i didn't. Besides i perfectly know how some organizations in Turkey suck very badly. Yet at that time, no possibility came to my mind to justify their apology for the Romanian fans and not to Turkish ones. A guy mentioned about "Blabbermouth cut" possibility, and i decided to wait the band's explanation due to it...

Yet, this explanation seems to be a different one, and made days after the Romanian one.
My idea is still not changed, sorry...

When they come back to Turkey,we'll be welcoming them!!!

and we're just looking forward to their coming as we did!!!

I agree with MoreThanEver. But before Evergrey, we have Mezakabul I guess:D

I think EG will come to Turkey after the release of the next album. It may be a promo tour. Yeap. Nevretheless, what I fear is to be able to listen less songs form Monday Morning Apocalypse as I admire it like the rest on the next EG gig at İstanbul. And I want to see Micke. I don't know. I'm not at all against the idea of Fredrik Larsson . But Micke is different; not because he plays better. Well. I think I dream.
In my dreams I travel to a gig of EG where PAtrick and Jonas play both drums; where Micke plays bass... Where Henke has his hair long as in In Search For Truth and where Tom is drunk as usual. I worship them. They'll be back. They're gods. And all gods come back...