Consolidated 'STENCH' Album Status Thread

Back from a time-travel to be surprise of the time it takes to make this album. Must be a must.

Hopping your shipping had improve since Goblin Island :)

Status update: Zack is working on the final mix, we may have the absolute finished tracks next Wednesday.

We are doing a promo photoshoot on September 19th in LA with a high-end photographer, and the new myspace layout/design is going to be complete shortly after that (it's already 75% done), courtesy of Matt -> http://mjordanaxd.blogspot.com/. Matt is also going to be adapting [GmT]Curwen's paintings into merch art for us.

One bit of bad news however: our label, Creator Destructor, is having internal difficulties and they are unsure about being able to give STENCH a full release. We are investigating other avenues. Don't worry, STENCH is getting released no matter what, but the pressing/digipak release may get delayed if we have to go with another distributor/label.

Cheers,
-Tim

So after 3 back and forth mix sessions involving a lot of notes by us, we've finally settled on a final mix with Zack. The newest mixes we just received sound absolutely magical, solid, heavy, and crisp. You guys will be floored.

Zack ended up going with a Mesa Dual Rectifier with a Keeley SD-1 mod pedal as a front end for the rhythm guitars, and a Marshall JCM800 with a tube screamer on the front end for the lead tone. It sounds EXCELLENT.

I think we should be getting the final final edits tomorrow (putting in some breakdown booms and making sure the tracks flow into each other properly).

-Tim

I didn't understand shit about the amping stuff (what can I say, I'm not a guitarist), but great to know the sound part is done!
Shame for the label issue, hope it wont delay much the pressing.

So after 3 back and forth mix sessions involving a lot of notes by us, we've finally settled on a final mix with Zack. The newest mixes we just received sound absolutely magical, solid, heavy, and crisp. You guys will be floored.

Zack ended up going with a Mesa Dual Rectifier with a Keeley SD-1 mod pedal as a front end for the rhythm guitars, and a Marshall JCM800 with a tube screamer on the front end for the lead tone. It sounds EXCELLENT.

I think we should be getting the final final edits tomorrow (putting in some breakdown booms and making sure the tracks flow into each other properly).

-Tim

HA! I just found this thread out of the blue which i've been in on a group buy here for some shit i'm using on your album. The irony of it all is just exploding.

It was NOT a tube screamer for the lead tone, it was a Analog Man "King of Tone" pedal.

Right now Tim's close to honest, the "mix" is pretty close to done it's the mastering of this beast that's driving me batty. I have one "really good" master i made with TC electronic MD3 as the main component but I found it to be a bit cloudy especially when they have like 6 vocal tracks 3 keyboards and all the guitar/bass/drums going on. I had just got in on using Steven Slate Digital's new FG-X plug and using that in combination with some EQ and multiband comp yields much clearer results but less fun/distortion/magic. It's very frustrating though since on another band's recording making the switch from MD3 to FG-X as my final stage basically took it from sounding like a really good demo to a million dollar Ted Jensen quality master so I feel like i'm going to have to find some way to find middle ground.

Tim you comfortable with me posting a few short clips here to let these board members give some feedback on what they like better after i tweak it out a bit today? Nothing beats actually letting your fans make mastering decisions. God knows Metallica would be better off right now if they did haha.

Say hello to Zack Ohren everyone!

Oops sorry totally mis-remembered that it was a tube screamer. Feel free to post some clips but people come to the forum sporadically nowadays, not sure if you'll get a response fast enough. Anyway, we're not gonna let you over-brickwall us don't worry haha

Cheers,
-Timbus

I'll tell you what, for the loyal forum fans, as soon as we have an absolute final mastered mix and the album art is done, I will put up a stream of the album and a download of the art on the forum literally the day of (this may be as soon as next week). The stream/art will only be around for a very short time so keep watching the forum for announcements so you don't miss it.

-Tim

Zack has put in a massive chunk of time today applying our notes to the mix and master, and we are finally done! I will post a separate forum thread with a link to the album stream and album art today (October 1st) at 1:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time, and take everything down around 2:00 AM on October 2nd. If you need to convert to your time zone, go here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html. You can use "California - Los Angeles" for the location.

Get excited!

-Tim

Zack has put in a massive chunk of time today applying our notes to the mix and master, and we are finally done! I will post a separate forum thread with a link to the album stream and album art today (October 1st) at 1:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time, and take everything down around 2:00 AM on October 2nd. If you need to convert to your time zone, go here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html. You can use "California - Los Angeles" for the location.

Get excited!

-Tim

just so yall know, if you're using that converter, it's under "USA - California -Los Angeles" or GMT -8