Control Denied

Just heard that Hammerheart have called it quits - so what now?
I hate this business stuff, where's the problem in getting the music to to those that love it. I know it sounds phony, but I thinkChuck wouldn't want people to be so picky about the release...

Jorg said:
ok, does that mean the album's going to come out soon?

Nobody is too busy to finish the CD and Hammerheart is full of crap. They don't even exist for all I know. No, the album won't be out soon. It will come out when it is finished. It will get finished when all the legal bullshit is resolved. When we hear officially from the Schuldiners that it has been resolved, then we will make arrangements to go finish it. This is not a simple issue as licensing a tribute CD. It has nothing to do with anyones other bands or not having permission from Chuck's family. It is a matter of corporate greed. Bizarre?- yes. Non-Productive?- absolutely. Due to lack of cooperation from the band or the Schuldiner's?, get the hell out of here!

Support Music, Better Yet, Musicians

Tim

HippieOfDoom said:
I usually let you guys volley anything you want around...but I've never seen anything so far off from the truth in that second paragraph.
Don't worry about the band, me, Shannon, Richard and Tim are in touch. We have all the time in the world to finish our metal brother's last works. It's not because of other bands taking time away, we've been ready to go the whole time...awaiting the word.
SDG
That's good to hear, but why is "the word" still not being given??? And WHO exactly is the person that will give this "word"? If it is Jane Schuldiner, is it correct to assume that SHE is holding up the process? Nothing against her, of course, just wondering. This legal situation has been going on for a while now. At what point in the process is it as of now? Seems like the determination of rights would have been decided by now. What else was there? The label it will be released on? Money owed to Hammerheart? Basically, what's left AND what is actually BEING DONE to progress the situation??? And whose parts are finished being recorded?
I heard from a friend of Tim's that Jim Morris made an offer to waive/help some recording costs, to lessen the burden on Chuck's family. Or will a new label pick up costs? Are any of the musicians in the position to help costs?
Please... can SOMEONE give us some official "substance" to go on? The fans are pretty much being kept left in the dark. And WE are the ones that buy the albums! All this "he said, she said" and "I can't comment on that right now" is enough to make someone go frickin nuts! SERIOUSLY!!!
I really hope that someone involved in this album will answer ALL of these questions. Because I think I have worded most of this the way that some other fans would like it answered.

I'll just reiterate what Tord Limbo posted. The word has not been given to finish it yet. That's that. I don't know why, like everyone else. They don't tell me why. Should I guess? No, I just wait, like everyone else. And who is they? THE SHULDINERS, like Tim also said. Does it get any more official than that? It's Chuck own family for fuck's sake. They are in charge of his estate, which includes the masters for the new album. When they are ready to release it and give the word for us to finish it, then we will. We can't until they do. I don't know at what status they're at in the legal talks, they don't tell me. I don't know why it's taking so long, they don't tell me. I don't know about the label or the money involved, they don't tell me. It is true Jim offered to help, as do we all want to help, but at what part does our required involvement turn into help? We have no plan intact, and plans have not been made. So whatever you hear is mere hearsay. And all this "he said, she said" is not any of us involved saying it. So why do you bother to pay attention to it? I have always answered this same question over and over again as honestly and as candidly as I can. I am totally truthful when I say I know nothing else. I have told you everything I know about it, Tim has posted the same thing here and I'll post it again.
Richard's drums are recorded, SOME (no one knows how much, because no one has heard it yet) of Chucks parts are recorded, me and Shannon and Tim need to still record our parts. We are waiting for the word when we can finish it. When that word comes we'll finish it and it will be released. Until then I know nothing else, just like you. And I will wait, just like you.

SDG

Ok Steve, and Tim, 2 years from your answers... We now know, months ago, that this case has finally ended. And there have been statements from the opposing side, but still none from Jane. Do you still know as little as you did from your above posts, or has there been any "go ahead" from her? And, any idea why she hasn't said anything in the few months that have passed since this "news"?