Control Denied...

RETIREDTrapped

New Metal Member
Sep 12, 2001
Opinions people... opinions!

Should Chuck have kept Death going and just had CD as a side-project? Or is CD being the main focus now the best thing that has happened?

What is it people, Death or Control Denied??

It is tough... I think I would have to go with Death though... It would have been amazing if Warrel would have sang on Control Denied, he was asked you know... but Warrel was obviously focused on Nevermore... I read in an interview that Warrel would have really liked to do it but he needed to focus 100% on Nevermore

I love Control Denied, I'm glad Chuck did it, but whether or not it's better than Death, that's tough
I think I'd go with Death..

and LSD, yeah that would be awesome with Warrel on vocals

Warrel Dane on vox... hmmm.

Chuck's music is awesome... and Wd's vox are awesome...
but together??? tough call.

I like both DEATH AND CONTROL DENIED. Chuck said he did CONTROL DENIED because people had told him that they liked DEATH'S music, but not the singing. I like Chuck's vocals just fine. Tim's are more for power metal and he is a great singer for CONTROL DENIED. If I had to choose, I like DEATH better due to the longevity and aggression and emotion in CHUCK's voice.

Cheers

ZANEX "THE DOG":heh: :headbang:

Originally posted by ZANEX
I like both DEATH AND CONTROL DENIED. Chuck said he did CONTROL DENIED because people had told him that they liked DEATH'S music, but not the singing. I like Chuck's vocals just fine. Tim's are more for power metal and he is a great singer for CONTROL DENIED. If I had to choose, I like DEATH better due to the longevity and aggression and emotion in CHUCK's voice.

Cheers

ZANEX "THE DOG":heh: :headbang:

I remember reading that Chuck himself wanted different vocals, he was dissatisfied with his or something, don't know if it's true or not, but that's what I read.

But i don't get "the deal" with the new singer. His vocals aren't that special in my eyes.

-I prefer Chuck's... they are much more full of heart, he lives what he says.

I think I will check out Death sooner than I thought

WHAT??? You haven't heard death ledmag??

Quickly... drop whatever you are doing, and go and download 'flesh and the power it holds'.

Then go download 'symbolic' (the song!)

Then go download the whole Individual Thought Patterns album.

:headbang: !!!!!!!DEATH!!!!!!! :headbang:

Death rules!
The Fragile Art Of Existence wasn't as good as I expected,but I think that Control Denied have the potential to reach the Death standards...let's hope Chuck recovers completely and delivers a few more masterpieces.

... so I think that whatever he does is just great!
CD is DEATH with clearer vocals. I would not dare consider CD as a typical power metal band, sinde it is a lot more than that.
I think that only time will tell if CD can reach DEATH's unsurpassed majesty. I stand for Chuck's decision whichever that may be, because I know I will not be let down.

Long live Chuck!
Long live DEATH!

Control Denied truly surprised me. A friend of mine told me about them and I gave the usual "Yeah I'll get around to it" and after the first listen, I thought they actually needed more rehearsal time. I just wasn't used to that type of sound (kind of like Nevermore at first). But when it hit me, it hit me hard and I've been playing this album pretty often ever since. I just love all the changes that go on throughout each song. Great album.

Both bands kick ass! How many musicians are in a half dozen bands for one reason or another(money,diversity,inspiration)
I don't see why Chuck couldn't have done both. I'm really going to miss Death, and I'm really looking forward to the new Control Denied. Just ordered the Death Live in LA DVD, can't wait.
noc