Controllers

Tachy

Senior Fuckers
Dec 9, 2005
In Italy
I'm loocking to buy a controller for my daw in the next year, can you guys help me to choose??
I use nuendo 4, and the id controller is to much expensive for me at the moment..........:cry:

until now i haeven't heard of that id controller. just looked it up, couldn't find a price though. how much is it?
i'd say go for the mackie control universal pro.

the the id controller is a wk audio product and the base of this controller cost $14000.....yes I'm loock at the mackie universal pro, and I think that I'll go fot it....I see that ther is also the mackie control universal ( not pro version )...what is the diffrence by this two version??

The regular MCU is the original (successor to the HUI), the Pro is the new version. We used the HUI at my first studio, and the regular MCU at the second studio I worked at. The MCU is killer and I have wanted to get one for a long time since working there. I haven't had a good enough reason to get one just yet though, so I'm just patiently waiting until I get to that point, hehe.

~e.a

Not sure if the Pro is backwards compatible with the original MCU stuff. I would e-mail Mackie about that. They usually have pretty quick e-mail responses for technical questions.

~e.a

Do you think that the expander pro is compatible with the mcu ( not the pro ) ?

for some reason i doubt it...and even if they did work, they're different sizes/colors, and would look goofy as all hell