Convicted Murderer VARG VIKERNES To Be Released From Prison

and he looks damm hot, very cute, he doesn`t deserve to be in jail

It's hardly abnormal for a convicited murderer to get out on parole after that amount of time. The only reason people feel so strongly about Varg is because he's "famous".

It's hardly abnormal for a convicited murderer to get out on parole after that amount of time. The only reason people feel so strongly about Varg is because he's "famous".

That doesn't answer my question.

The only reason people feel so strongly about Varg is because he's "famous".

holmes.jpg

So you're saying 15 years is a reasonable prison term for murdering someone?

Shoulda worded it differently. I'm not in his corner or anything, I just think it's going to be exciting and controversial from now on, unless he really does just continue to make Casio tunes and grow potatoes.

Varg could have gotten the chair for all I care; I just think it's going to be interesting now that he's getting out.

As far as the US criminal justice system goes, it's apples and oranges. Norway doesn't have the crime the US does, and its prisons are more about rehabilitation rather than isolation from society.

The guy killed a dude and burned a couple of churches. Warplanes under my control bombed a mosque containing insurgent weapons and killed dozens of people in the span of about 3 hours one day in 2004, including collateral damage. Which is worse is up to you to decide. I don't see what the big deal is about Varg. Murder is murder unless you wear a uniform, apparently.

Who cares? He's never going to release an album as good as the first four Burzum, and that makes him musically irrelevant, in which case i don't care if he's in prison or on a farm.

I agree. I just thought it would've been cool if he ended up touring after a year or so, at least in Europe. He's like the fucking Boogeyman or something to some people for some reason.

Think about it. Since we've even heard of black metal, the dude has been in prison, right? Now he's getting out. It's interesting, at least.

I agree. I just thought it would've been cool if he ended up touring after a year or so, at least in Europe.
sure itd be cool, but theres about 0% chance. Burzum never played live, and Varg has stated numerous times that he has no interest in black metal anymore and that Burzum was done. i think the whole "guitars are for my pals" casio albums probably came about because they wouldnt give him a guitar in prison, but even those are years in the past. Burzum is over, go listen to dunkelheit and det som and forget about your concert dreams.

In a more recent interview he said that he got older (o rly?), wiser and has learned from his mistakes. He was looking forward to a normal life with his family on his farm, writing books and creating music. For whatever that means exactly...

He has been stating before that the minimalistic approach to latter Burzum albums (and their consequent demise) was much more due to restrictions than a different artistic approach.