Varg Vikernes "Too dangerous for parole"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubster

Oct 29, 2003
Bondi Australia
Varg Vikernes "Too dangerous for parole" - June 12, 2008

Convicted murderer Varg Vikernes is too dangerous to be released into society, according to justice officials. Government critics fear that his background as an ideologically motivated church-burning arsonist, and his connections with neo-Nazi groups, are making it impossible for him to get a fair parole hearing.

Vikernes is serving a 21-year sentence, the maximum that Norwegian law allows, for murder and setting fire to three churches in 1993. Having spent the last 15 years behind bars and after serving two thirds of his prison time, he has become eligible to apply for parole.

Case workers at the Justice Ministry fear that Vikernes will be unable to adjust to life on the outside after his years in jail. They have turned down his application.

"I can't understand it. They want me to make arrangements with social services, even though this is unnecessary. Must I be on welfare in order to be released? I have a house, a job and a family waiting for me," Vikernes told daily newspaper VG.

The authorities emphasize that Vikernes escaped from prison in 2003 and that he has ties to neo-Nazi groups.

"I haven't been in contact with them for a long time. Police security services know this," Vikernes responded.

Parole authorities refuse to comment on the reasons for rejecting his application, referring to the confidentiality that surrounds such hearings.

"The authorities are worried that they might be considered to be soft on unpopular convicts," says a professor of criminology at the University of Oslo, Kristian Andenæs, when criticizing the verdict.

Aftenposten English Web Desk / NTB

Fuck, that is gay. Oh well, the only reason I want him out is so he can make another album but I highly doubt he'll ever reach the level of his legendary works again so whatever.

1213157954754690bq9.jpg

Guess who?

The bag he's holding is from a Norwegian record store called something like Platekompaniet. This picture is apparently new.

1213157954754690bq9.jpg

Guess who?

The bag he's holding is from a Norwegian record store called something like Platekompaniet. This picture is apparently new.

Interesting. It certainly looks like him, and it seems he's lost a lot of weight since his photos were taken for that new Black Metal doco that's due to come out.

I wonder - is the news article off Aftenposten then a ploy of some kind? And why bother with a ploy anyway? People will recognise him everywhere.

This all makes no sense.

Omni do you have any more info on the source of this photo?

Omni do you have any more info on the source of this photo?

One of my friends got it from some Norwegian site. I'm not sure which one, so I'll ask him about it later. It definitely looks like the real thing, but it'd be easier to tell if he didn't have a beard, since he has that chin scar.

He's not dangerous at all. He's an intellectual thinker who challenges the ideals of modern society, and basically that qualifies as "delinquent" in the court's books. This is fucking bullshit. Free him.

Status
Not open for further replies.