Cookies

Ikkunaprinssi

Beautiful
Sep 10, 2003
The Fortress of Tears
I noticed that when you go to LM, you don't go to an index-page, you go to the page you last viewed. Do you use cookies for this? If so, would you please remove it, it's enoying as hell :/
(And here in Sweden it's illegal)

Cookies are not illegal in Sweden if they don't collect personal info and are necessary for the site's functionality, or something.

Erik said:
Cookies are not illegal in Sweden if they don't collect personal info and are necessary for the site's functionality, or something.
It's only illegal if you don't inform about sending cookies. When the law first came into usage, socialdemokraternas and polisens websites were reported during the first hour ^^

Cookies are utilized on the system for tracking which page you're viewing. It was easier than having to keep passing all the information into every link. I've never heard of any law outlawing cookies, and frankly that's gotta outdo about every stupid law the US has ever passed. Any site that requires a login will require a cookie to track who you are once you've logged in and there are billions of other legitimate uses of them. Anyway, they are required for the site to function as designed, so if you disable them, I have no idea how well the site will function. I always meant to put a message on there if it couldn't set a cookie, but I haven't gotten to it.

Even if cookies are illegal in Sweden, it would only be illegal for Swedish websites to use them in Sweden, and couldn't possibly apply to websites based on servers in other countries, so it's a pointless and almost unworkable law.