some info about the site

jimbobhickville

Tyrant in Distress
I've long promised some new features and performance enhancements, but unfortunately I have yet to deliver everything I've wanted to do. My current plan is to take the code I'm working on at work and modifying it to fit the mold of Librarius Metallicus over the next few months. What this means is that I'm going to have to scrap some of what I was already working on and get going on this new codebase, but that also means that I'll actually be actively working on a new site (it will look fairly similar, but it will perform a lot better and be less dependent on cookies for navigation).

Expect these new features when it's finished:
Separated guest lineups from band lineups on albums (i.e, you'll only see the band lineup unless you click on the CD, which will also display the guest lineup).
An enhanced home page which will contain recent updates (instead of having a separate page), database stats (# of bands, albums, etc) and links to the last few pages you visited (if you have cookies enabled).
Librarian bio pages (linked to wherever they are mentioned) with information about how many bands/albums they've added and list of the most recent ones. Also, at some point, this will contain links for trade/want lists and top 10 lists, but those will come later.
Search by country (and state in the US - possibly other countries later).

Features I hope to finish sometime soon thereafter:
The trade/want/top 10 lists mentioned above.
A links section with links to various metal-related sites (able to be added/updated by librarians only).
A text-only skin for those who are lame and browse in text-only mode (and for old browsers like Netscape 4.x).

I know there's more, but that's all I can remember at this moment. I would guess that it'll be at least January before you'll see these changes implemented, but maybe it'll pull together more quickly than that.

Sounds good Greg. I have a question regarding the "guest artist" part, and that is: will the librarians have to go through and change the details to reflect who the "guests" were on the album they played on, or how will it work?

thats right a streaming metal radio show on your website for absolutly nothing!
this is wes from rapture radio and i want to offer my radio station to all of you to put on your web page for absolutly nothing man i just want to be heard and push underground music!
hey evryone wes here from rapture radio,
first le me invite all of you who have web pages to feel free to put rapture radio up on your mainpage and let everyone accsess it i dont even care if you say its your station,i am doing this for the people who go to websites to get a great station full of killer music with an amazing playlist for absolutly free,i am also interested in pushing the underground bands music as far as i can but without listners none of the goals can be accomplished.
now we are getting a good amount of listners about 200 hours of listning time in a month is not bad at all but with all of your help and alot of support we can take this to an extreme level and i plan on including all of you in the benifits if the station blows up your site will benifit from it just in hits alone and the more people we have listning the more people hear the underground music!
so feel free to tell who you want link it up to your mainpage and please be a supporter of this radio station!
all of your kind help is much appreciated and if you do link me up please make sure and let me know so i can keep you up to date with playlist changes top 10 etc.....
right now the show is 4 hours long rotating over and over so no one will hear the same song twice unless the listen for more than 4 hours and the forum is located at the ultimate metal forums and is in need of some meberships!
listen its free for you and free for them!
http://www.live365.com/stations/wesjaques?play (link it up!!!!!)

wes jaques/rapture radio

and bands if you want to get your music played on rapture radio contact me at wesjaques@earthlink.net for my mail address and we will for sure get you into the playlist!
check the website also for contact
http://home details.earthlink.net/~wesjaques