Cool concert, but arrrgh on mapquest

gekko

Much less calm than you
Sep 14, 2004
Ben, Nils and myself visited DC tonight with our friend Colin in order to go see Mastodon, Killswitch Engage, and Slayer. I was going mostly to see Mastodon and Killswitch. While I recognize Slayer's importance in the field I don't really listen to them much and don't really know many songs beyond Raining Blood. Anyway, we left what I would imagine is a bit late considering DC traffic, but we were doing ok until the lack of specificity in the directions steered us directly into the DC ghetto! Yay! Anyway, after driving aimless in this area for a while we finally stopped to get directions. Incidentally, I'm not sure we would have ever made it to the club had it not been for two very nice but rather sketchy (they were drinking Hennessy and Ginger Ale in their car as they drove) offered to let us follow them most of the way to the club. However, by the time we got there MASTODON WAS DONE PLAYING! This was horrible because I have been looking forward to seeing them most of all since I started listening to Leviathan. which is incidentally an awesome album and you should give it a listen if you haven't, and I was thwarted completely. On the upside Killswitch put on an amazing performance which was well worth the trip in and of itself (unfortunately they only got about 35 minutes). Then Slayer came on and did a very good job considering I don't really know their music. The moral to this long and rambling story is two fold, Killswitch Engage is awesome enough to save a rather bad situation, and don't rely upon Mapquest alone, they will fuck you every time in areas of complex street design.

ah, I just now noticed Ben has already made a thread pertaining to this concert, perhaps I should have posted there. Duhhhh....