COOLEST ALBUM COVER(S)?

Mostly anything not done on the computer, they tend to look cheesy for me. I love the old paintings that were used on Bathory's Blood, Fire, Death and Hammerheart albums. Paintings usually look best. Other examples are Cryptopsy's None So Vile, Danzig's How the Gods Kill, most Cannibal Corpse etc. Photographs work well, too.

I think my absolute favorite album cover would have to be Hammerheart, just because A Viking's Last Journey is one of my favorite paintings and I like Frank Dicksee's work.

hammerheart.jpg

I really like the Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk layout - nice, dark, and to the point. Heretic by Morbid Angel and Grave's Soulless come to mind as well.o_O

Susperia said:
Mostly anything not done on the computer, they tend to look cheesy for me. I love the old paintings that were used on Bathory's Blood, Fire, Death and Hammerheart albums. Paintings usually look best. Other examples are Cryptopsy's None So Vile, Danzig's How the Gods Kill, most Cannibal Corpse etc. Photographs work well, too.

I think my absolute favorite album cover would have to be Hammerheart, just because A Viking's Last Journey is one of my favorite paintings and I like Frank Dicksee's work.

hammerheart.jpg
How The God's Kill is a pretty cool one as well - I'm a big fan of H.R.Geiger.

Susperia said:

hammerheart.jpg
i agree, but the painting make tha albums look old. None So Vile is such a normal album cover, nuthin special. i disagree about cannibal corpse who in my opinion have the most immature, cheesy and stupid covers of bloody naked cut-up bodys

Misanthropical Painforest - Winds Saturate With Inhumane Longing

75401.jpg

Hahaahhahahahaha. Best album cover EVER.

How the gods kill is a good cover along with Celtic Frost's To Mega Theron
also done by HR Giger and I think he did a ELP album as well that had pretty
killer artwork. Paul Booth did a really killer album cover for a band called
The Ravenous but the name of the cd eludes me. I like Lord Belial's Angelgrinder artwork as well.

:err: Why me? Yes I always liked the surreal look of both Sepultura covers.

The Ulver cover looks a little rough but that's what I like about it though.

There are alot of cool album covers, ones I can think off the top of my head are Slayer's Divine Intervention, Scissorfight's Balls Deep, and Obituiary's The End Complete.

Nearly all Necrolord Covers look good, also the ones from Kris Verwimp. Both are great painters. Maiden are out of this question cause Eddy is a cult and con not be harmed! ;-)

MURAI said:
:err: Why me? Yes I always liked the surreal look of both Sepultura covers.

The Ulver cover looks a little rough but that's what I like about it though.

Aren't you Sepultura's biggest fan? You used to have "Straight-hate" under your avatar, no?

I think Anthems has a rather lousy cover. You can't really make out anything that's going on. In the Nightside Eclipse has a really great one though. Opeth's Morningrise, Mastodon - Leviathan, and Megadeth - Rust in Peace are great ones too.