Coops - RE: Megadeth

I've gotta agree with Blitzkrieg. Rust in Peace is quite possibly the best metal album of all time. Other than that, I would suggest Youthanasia, Cryptic Writings or So Far, So Good, So What.

Another good one to pick up would be Hidden Treasures, it contains two of my favourite 'deth tracks of all time - Angry Again and 99 Ways to Die.

Now that I think about it, my fav 'Deth album varies all the time, depending on my mood, or what else I'm into at the time. I really do get into them all, but I guess if I had to choose I would stick with "Rust In Peace". It is truly awesome, but I think "Countdown to Extinction" would be a better starting point. Just my opinion though. :)

Well I'd definitely start out with Rust in Peace or Countdown to Extinction... and the new The World Needs A Hero (out May 14th) of course ;)

If you like what you hear, you can go and get the rest of the albums. They usually play a pretty good spread of songs live... so I can't say go get a certain album because they'll play 5 songs off that album or whatever... but RIP and CTE are all-time metal classics and are musts for anybody's CD collection!!

Get countdown to extinction, its awesome, and deserves a TEN coops :)

Actually, go to www.megadethaustralia.com and read all coops' reviews about the albums, thats probably the easiest, even though he rated CTE WRONG!...... :D

hehe... just winding you up matey :p I was either gonna revamp that whole section or kill it... when I came around to do it I thought I'd just kill it. Had other more important priorities to deal with.

Personally I prefer the first 3 albums. Killing..., Peace Sells...and So Far...

I find the albums after that get really over produced, then again I am an old bastard and grew up listening to metal/thrash in the mid 80's and Megadeth were such a dangerous band back then.

Oh well back to the pension book.

Matt

hehe... just winding you up matey I was either gonna revamp that whole section or kill it... when I came around to do it I thought I'd just kill it. Had other more important priorities to deal with.

Erm.....i knew that......phew.....:)

OK I'll concede that Peace Sells... is a good one to get too... plus there's a fair chance they'll be playing Wake Up Dead, The Conjuring and Peace Sells - 3 all time Deth classics that come from that Peace Sells... album live.

Killing Is My Business... is also a great album... but I think probably too raw and the production too lousy to be a good 'first album'

...and now you can rip into me for this, but I think So Far, So Good... So What! is a poor album when you compare it to Peace Sells... or Rust In Peace. It has some great songs on it but when I listen to the album as a whole it just lacks that something that takes it from being good to brilliant

YEP DEPENDS ON YOUR MOOD I LIKE THEM ALL EXCEPT FOR THE LAST IT WAS OK BUT PROBLY FAVS ARE RUST IN PEACE ,PEACE SELLS AND KILLING IS BUSINESS...ALL DEPENDS ON THYE DAY SO FAR CAN BE THE BEST ONE DAY THEN COUNTDOWN THE NEXT....

TOUR ? NOT HOLDING MY BREATH MERLYN AND I HAD TICKETS IN 1992 AND THEY CANCELLED 4 DAYS BEFORE IM STILL PISSED OFF ABOUT IT SO LIKE WITH MAIDEN IM NOT CONVINCED TILL THEY ARE ON THE BLOODY STAGE.....................

Dave couldn't help it if he OD'd on valium... if you'd just died and been rescucitated you probably wouldn't feel like going anywhere either... hehe ;)

An Aust Megadeth tour is 99% going to happen... they have a week of space in the tour itinerary to come here... Dave has stated on the official site that they're coming, my contact at their label has said they're coming, and Jimmy said last night he was given a tentative tour itinerary which has them coming here first week of August. It's as certain as it can be without officially being confirmed... and the reason it hasn't been confirmed is because they are still arranging dates and venues.

im not gunna get excited yet the album isnt out yet it sounds good ive heard most of it but more like a cross between cdte and rip..lets see if it sells first if it doesnt they wont come...

what im bafled about is now we have all the promos for halford and megadeth in drum media now that stomp have joined with sanctuary in oz if only they did it when maiden was released then they would have got more press i cant believe all the adds i see for halford its great but.................its good to see some press now they are doing a great job