Megadeth news! re; Re-issued albums..

What's the deal with the new Megadeth album coming out? Is it a proper album? Who's playing on it? I'm confused.

It's a new studio album, all new songs. It's called 'The System Has Failed'.
Dave Mustaine - Guitar / Vocals
Chris Poland - Guitar
Vinnie Colaiuta - Drums
Some other dude - Bass

The touring lineup will be a little different. There's still a chance that Nick Menza and Marty Friedman may be back for that.

Marty wont be back, Nick probably will, thats the state of things at the moment :)

Addicted To Chaos is up now, theres hardly any difference really, no need to buy Youthanasia again :)

Thanks for the rundown on the lineup, Sydo. Sounds good! Who's Vinnie Colaiuta though? What happened to Jimmy? Didn't he want to get back with Dave?

Just for the record, I'm quite a fan of Youthanasia. :) Lots of cool songs on it. Still haven't worked out why Train of Consequences is so popular though.

Winmar said:
Who's Vinnie Colaiuta though? What happened to Jimmy? Didn't he want to get back with Dave?
Vinnie Colaiuta is a session drummer who has worked with all sorts of different artists, but rarely ever metal.
http://www.vinniecolaiuta.com/

I don't think Dave was interested with getting back either Jimmy Degrasso or Al Pitrelliereii, and I don't think Dave Ellefson is in any hurry to return to Megadeth.

Thanks for the update again Sydo. :) He doesn't exactly look like a prospective Megadeth drummer!

Did Dave M. have personality issues with Jimmy and Al, or did he just want to work with different people?

I'm not exactly sure.. Maybe it's because that era Megadeth sort of failed, and if he were to try and get back with anyone the fans would really only want the 'classic' lineup.