Coops - RE: Megadeth

...and now you can rip into me for this

Are you kidding? Us? Rip into the Oz Megadeth King? Not bloody likely!

As with all bands and music, it depends what you grew up with. I was still in high school when "Killing" and "Peace Sells..." were released, so they are always going to be faves.

And you've gotta love Into The Lungs Of Hell, In My Darkest Hour and Hook In Mouth.

Don't ya? :D

Well I'm about 5'10" I think... and Dave was a little bit taller than me... probably 5'11"-6'0" somewhere... he only looks tall because everyone in the band is short... Al was probably about my height... Jimmy was a little bit shorter than me - and from what I've heard David isn't particularly tall. And of course when Marty was in the band he was short too...

Ok,
I have now heard 2 Megadeth songs.
Symphony of Destruction :)
And Countdown to Extinction :D

Both are awesome. Think I will buy CTC very soon,
I went to Utopia yesterday and went to buy Rust in Peace... but after the dude swiped my Eftpos card, he said "Sorry mate, not enuff cash"......
:mad:

Oh well..........
Theres always next pay day!
Thanks for your reccomendations dudes!

sorry cooperman i didnt explain well about sanctuary and maiden i know they arnt on the label but being so close with the label you would think they would work together and promote it to help each other maiden owns a portion of the sanctuary corporation after all....

Yeah, but if EMI don't wanna promote a band then they simply aren't going to... no matter what. I mean last year Megadeth and Maiden both had new albums come out on EMI... and there was very little in the way of promotion for either. But as you said, Stomp seem to want to promote the likes of Halford and Megadeth... and here's the reason...

Stomp distribute here for a number of different overseas labels. But last month they started up a new subsidiary called Volume... it's the same as Stomp... same offices, same personnel as before... it's just that it's a specific metal label. Now as far as I'm aware any albums that come out on the Metal-Is label (Sanctuary) they'll be the distributors for them here... now when I was over in Melb, I saw quite a bit of the dude in charge of Volume... they were just planning or had just released their first two albums - Halford and WASP, with the new Deth album coming in May... of course they are gonna want to promote these bands and their albums... these are the only bands they have on their roster at the moment. That's why Dave and Al were here promoting the new album for 5 days, that's why there were instores with signed guitar giveaways, that's why you can win a signed gutiar if you pre-order TWNAH from www.sanity.com.au, that's why you saw that ad...

Now here's the real key to it all... they are a metal label and they are ONLY intersted in selling metal albums. It's as simple as that!!! EMI and all these big labels couldn't give a shit about selling Maiden or Megadeth or the majority of "non-popular" metal bands... because they can make more money, in less time by selling Britney Spears and Limp Bizkit to trendy teenagers than they will by promoting music that doesn't make the charts or video clip programs. So why waste your resources on something that isn't gonna make you the most money?? BUT if you are a metal label with only a few artists on your roster then you can pour ALL your money into those few bands and get good publicity and still make money... but maybe not as fast and not quite as much... but because Volume know metal, they understand that they will have a steady flow of money from these artists over a long period of time because they know that these type of bands have a long lifetimes and their fans are very loyal.

So then when we come back to the Maiden case... as long as they are on EMI in this country I don't believe they'll ever be promoted the way they deserve to be.

Sorry for the essay, this is just one of the real issues I have with the music industry...

undrstood coops i did read the article on the stomp/sanct/metal is ,merge and im very happy they are promoting its a pleasure to open up drum and see a full page add on halford live,i never thought id see it maybe maiden should change labels to get the deserved promotion.
they are doing a great job i hope to see more of it in the future

RIP is my all-time favourite metal album, along with Slaughter of the Soul by At The Gates, and Symbolic by Death. Fucking orgasmic! ;)