COPENHAGEN, DK - VEGA 2009.03.02

tolvis

New Metal Member
Feb 17, 2009
Sweden
Anyone going? I´ll be there and I´ll post the set on tuesday!!!! Gonna be awesome!!!!! I´m hoping for a few cool ones since this is a headlineset with basically no curfew.. Dangers of the faithless would be nice, aswell as Do Or Die :headbang:

I wish I could go. The opposite side of the world for me. Post video if you can (of the whole show haha).

Well, the venue-website doesn´t say anything about a supportband, so I truly hope they won´t have one.. The gig starts at 21.00, a bit late for a mondaygig if there´s a supporting act aswell..

/Al

As I said.. No curfew. The setlist had 14 songs printed, they ended up playing 16 songs! Killer show and WOW what an energy the guys had, still the gig had a very relaxed kind of ambience. Great gig, by all standards, and I guess some of you hardcores will choke on your coffee reading the setlist. (Raging waters was on the setlist as an encore, but they didn´t play it, instead they did Persecuted and Reign!!)

Intro
Over the wall
The new order
The haunting
Souls of black
More than meets the eye
DNR
3 days in darkness
Trial by fire
The legacy
The preacher
C.o.t.l.o.d.
The persecuted won´t forget (not on the setlist)
Reign of terror (not on the setlist and NEVER played live ever according to Chuck!!)
Alone in the dark
Disciples of the watch (not on the setlist)
Formation of damnation

90 minutes approx. GREAT!!!!!

/Al

Great to see COTLOD and Reign of Terror in the setlist. As far as RoT not being ever played live, Chuck seems to be wrong here. They used to play it back in the day- before Chuck joined the band, but also after he joined- for example in Eindhoven during the Dynamo festival on June 8, 1987 (and the day before in the club too). They also played with Zetro during Thrash of the Titans. Plus last year, as a 4-piece (without Alex, on RockHard festival I believe)! Still, that's surely a very rare situation to hear it live. Same for COTLOD and also "Do or Die" and "A Day of Reckoning", which I hope will be played and recorded in London.

Awesome. I love COTLOD. Nice to see Souls stuff back too. Funny that nothing from Practice was played. I wish they would play Return to Serenity more for the ballad selection.

They never play RTS. They only did it on The Ritual tour (not many times!) and on some acoustic shows in the mid-90's. Chuck sung it during the Christmas Metal Symphony and I hope he enjoyed it and will bring it back to the setlist. That's one of their most popular songs after all.

Yeah, I saw the Ritual tour with and without Alex. But when they played RTS is was without Alex, argh. I'd love to see Skolnick playing it, it's my favorite solo of his.