Instrument-playing dearies!

Gleemonex

Keeps you happy, happy!
Jan 29, 2002
Iceland
Visit site
Okay peeps, i´m hoping to strike a goldmine here :)

After the newyear's, i´ll have to do this project for history class, and i have my mind set on Chopin. Now, it has come to my attention that many here do play rather nicely, and that many here do like classical music.. so i was hoping someone here might have some song, or part of song, by Chopin they have done a bit metallie :)
I once heard this violin bit by Bach on an electric guitar, which made me hope there was something out there with Chopin.
So, i´m gonna put on my puppy dog look (ahemm, ignore the fact that i´m not very good at doing a puppy dog face ;) ) and hope someone here is gonna be reeeeal nice :)

oh and as an incentive, just imagine how happy you´d make my fellow students, who would of course have to listen to it :D

Chopin is incredibly difficult to play on guitar. I can play a few of his Nocturnes, albeit not well, I can also play that chromatic exerpt he is famous for, but thats boring. Name a song a Chopin song ud like to hear metaled out Gleemy, and Ill see what I can do.

Oh you're an angel thornie!!! *jumps up and down in glee*

well, i don´t really know which song would sound nice metally, so, you can choose whichever you think would sound nice :) and if i´m in a greedy mood i might a bit wanna hear what you know how to play already :)
but if you really want me to choose one, you´ll have to give me a day or two to listen to 'em all :lol:

oh and i almost forgot
:worship:

If you get or find somewhere online John Petrucci's Wild Stringdom book he has a section called "Chopin up the fretboard".. and it's one of Chopin's song.. lot's of cool chromaticism with implied harmony.

K.

Brandon

I'd love to try and do this as well, I will search for some sheet music. I love arranging this type of stuff for guitar. I may take up Joe's recommendation on Nocturne Op. 9. Anyways, I will get back to you.

Yeh ive spent the last 10 hrs transcribing Chopin to guitar, my head fucking hurts, and so do my fingers. I can play Paganini, Bach, and a bitching Vilvaldi, but Chopin and Liszt, theya re from another planet. I should have something by the end of the week, but this is a great challenge, one I am willing to take.

I don´t know who Ron Thal is *hides*
Bumble, it would be adorable if you hosted that chopin thingie, oh and the paganini bit, because.. well, i´d just adore it.

Morningrise, the effort is highly appreciated, would be utterly lovely to hear the results :)

And dear thornie, your effort is highly appreciated as well, sorry to hear about your hurting head and fingers. You're simply superb for doing all that.

*bumpedybump*

i´ll be doing that history thingie sometime in the next month or so, and was wondering if anyone wants to give me a soundthingie. i´d be very much obliged :)

Originally posted by Aborted Fetus
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but isn't Ron Thal the real Bumblefoot?

I wouldn´t know..

At the risk of repeating myself.. does anyone have something Chopin-related done metallie? Have to finish that school thingie soon and i'll take any excuse to blast a bit of metal so it would be jolly nice as "extra material" or sth :) ahhemmm, but seriously, was thinking of it as means to depict the skill to be found in metal musicians..and to show the diversity of classical music :)

shit accidentally hit "Submit Reply"...I don't really know how to send it to you or host it in anyway though....but it is really cool Gleemo. The sound is not that great but his playing!

Cheers

Paul D.

ah, so you're alive then! that´s nice to know :D

JOLLY SPLEEEEENDID! after some searching i´ve both found a live video and an mp3 fraction of fantasie impromptu! well, i´m not sure whether to play the video but i´ll definitely use that mp3! godaaaamn, i can´t remember the last time i spent THIS much time on a school assignment :lol: and with this much interest too.

alive indeed....

I haven't got a computer at the moment so my access to UM and MSN is somewhat lacking. That vid is awesome hey! the over hand tapping and stuff. Love it.

You wouldn't by any chance be going to Wacken this year would you? Me and some mates from Oz are making the holy trek to the Mecca of metal this August.

Cheers

Paul D.