Metal shirts in public.

The same happened to me in a mall in Toronto,a guy walked up to me and said: Iced Earth fucking rules dude!! (I was wearing one of their shirts)
and then as I was walking around him and his friends,a bunch of girls and some guys,gave me the horns and kept saying: IE rules!

manuelgv said:
I was walking around him and his friends,a bunch of girls and some guys,gave me the horns and kept saying: IE rules!

Sounds like very awkward and annoying situation to me.
I used to have a CoF-shirt (I find it too ugly to wear these days) with a naked woman cutting herself... I had it on me the day when I was getting out of army and the lieutenaunt handing out our military passes said "congratulations" to everyone else, but with me he said "great shirt". I've been wondering if it was because of the woman or the band, as I once heard him listening to some power metal.

Haha, that would indeed be cool. Unfortunately, it's never happened directly with me. Once, when I was wearing my Blood Red Throne shirt in a philosophy tutorial, this dude came up to me afterwards and asked me if it was a band shirt I was wearing. So...wasn't DIRECT; he was just starting to get into metal and was astute enough to at least recognise it as some kind of underground band logo. I've since gotten him into Blood Red Throne though, hehe.

and this other time, I was in a store here in edinburgh called Whiplash Trash where my friend was looking for a new waccy baccy tin, and the guy behind the counter (he looked a lot like soilclonus) was wearing a Houwitser 'embrace damnation' Tshirt, so I asked him if he liked 'em and had their latest album....and he gave me a funny look and said he's actually never heard them; he got the shirt because he ordered some for the shop, and they didn't sell so he had to buy some back for himself! :lol: So that was that convo killed, the guy wasn't even into extreme metal and he was wearing a Houwitser shirt!!!

I seem to get that alot over here in Perth, WA. I'll be walking in the city and sometimes a group of people or person would give me the horns and say "Sick shirt man" I've also gotten a shitload of compliments with my Decapitated shirt, some guy even asked me where I got it from.

First time it happened to me was at school. There was this girl I'd never really gotten on with, and then on one non-uniform day I went in wearing a Sabbath "War Pigs" shirt, and as I passed her in the corridor she went "Wow!" and made me stop so she could read the tour date on the back. From then on we were actually quite friendly. The power of Sabbath compelled her...

I have probly the biggest collection of Emperor shirts/hoodies etc. in my state, so quite often I'm confronted with the aforementioned situation (though I won't set foot in a Wal-Mart). I've pretty much just gotten to the point where every time someone says "EMPEROOOOOOOORRRRRR" and flashes me their horns, I just say "Thank You!" in an overly polite voice and keep walking.

I mean, what do you say when people do shit like that? I don't necessarily wear my shirts to make friends. Just about everyone else I've met that's into BM is a total tool.

Meh, I think metal shirts are much more common here in Sweden so noone really cares. Once when I was wearing an original 1984 "Powerslave" shirt to an Iron Maiden concert there was someone saying "nice shirt" or something though.

I met my ex because he was wearing a tshirt of a band I liked. At first I was too shy to walk up to him but my friends made me, so I complimented his shirt and a month later we started dating... another time a guy had another cool tshirt and i walked up to him and told him it was cool, and he was really small and geeky and looked all frightened and just stared at me and ran off... since then I just stare at the shirts and send telepathic messages of approval.

oh and i just use band tshirts for sleeping in, or to yoga class or whatever, which is funny as everyone is dressed in white purity hippie clothes

Some guy at the video store complimented me on my Maiden shirt I was wearing. It was several years ago but he said something along the lines of "you never see anybody wearing any Maiden shirts anymore."

Usually when I get comments about my shirts it's someone asking me "What the hell does your shirt say?" One incident that kind of irritated me was when this trendy nu-metal kid came up to me and asked me what my shirt said. I told him it said Emperor and he was like "cool, so do they sound like Slipknot or some shit?" All I could say was " Ummm, no.....not really."

welkin97 said:
Usually when I get comments about my shirts it's someone asking me "What the hell does your shirt say?" One incident that kind of irritated me was when this trendy nu-metal kid came up to me and asked me what my shirt said. I told him it said Emperor and he was like "cool, so do they sound like Slipknot or some shit?" All I could say was " Ummm, no.....not really."

:Spin: :tickled: LOL.

Nothing happens here, the only person remotely interested in non/nu-metal stuff is my friend who loves nu-metal/Hot Topic :(. I've gotten him into some bands like Dark Tranquility, Skinless, Suffocation, and Amon Amarth but he still won't give up his beloved Slipknot or their clothes. EVERYONE here either likes nu-metal (small portion), emo/punk type stuff (a lot), or rap (most).

Whenever I wear them, all I get is looks pretty much. I was wearing a Cannibal Corpse shirt in school (censored Bloodthirst cover) and a retarded (really retarded, like mentally ill) kid just said "Whoa!" as I walked by him. I was wearing my Skinless shirt (logo) and some kid in my class asked me what it was, and I merely said "a band". My dad also told me "cheer up" when I was wearing my Pessimist (logo) shirt, he has terrible jokes, but he thought it was a riot. I live in a small town, and don't get out much, and when I do (like to get a videogame at the mall or something), all I really get is looks.

I also get the 'WTF does that shirt say?' sometimes, but that's about it. I guess like Eriks aid it's too common around here for people to take notice.