could i possibly eat 3 bagels and 3 corn muffins for breakfast?

exercise? huh?

oh the ravioli tip, I made ricotta and spinach filled ones yesterday. I haven't quite stepped up to making my own pasta yet, but everything else was from scratch.

BTW, I was totally with avi on that beer for breakfast thing.
I went to pick up some more 'seasonally appropriate' pumpkin beer at Cost Plus World Market down the street last night and was appalled to find that the Chicago ones don't carry it. The St Louis ones do! BASTARDS. So, I had to settle for some Rogue Hazelnut brew, which was warm and I didn't even taste it yet. Travesty of travesties.

I almost bought some of that pumpkin beer, but frankly, I'm a little hesitant. I usually am not too into 'flavored' beers like that. Could be good I suppose, but I'm scared.

What I eagerly await: The Anchor Steam winter/holiday beer. Tastes like a pine tree. Pyramid's Snow Cap is almost as good, but not quite.

Is that the Anchor Christmas/Holiday one? I've seen it before, but never tried it. I've had several other Winter beers, but just never picked that one up. Never had their Old Foghorn either- i think that's in the smaller bottles, and it's a barleywine.

Only had a couple of Pyramid's beers before & haven't seen that one. The Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale is pretty good- a lighter beer, even for an ale, and the pumpkin/clove/spice flavor isn't too strong. And they're from CA i think.

9286.jpg

the Anchor holiday beer is probably one of favorite beers ever, but it's a bit too dark for me to drink in vast quantities. They do distribute in magnums also, as you can see in this pic. As for Old Foghorn, I don't care for barley wine, so I don't dig it. The Anchor Brewery tour is pretty awesome though- you get 10oz of every beer they make for free + another one of your favorite.

but yeah, all the stuff mentioned is west coast and somewhat local to me. I saw the Bills Pumpkin at BevMo just the other day.

Uh, I had a pumpkin bagel the other day with my Pumpkin Beer. You have Panera Breads there? Good shit. Did you know Panera Bread was originally called St. Louis Bread Co? I think we went to one of the first ones back in 1991 or something.
bread.jpg

beer is totally gross.
as my lovely father has said many times:
"if you can't drink fucking scotch asshole, stop pretending like you're even drinking alcohol. you might as well get a fucking WINE COOLER."

Just close your eyes...can you remember
The generations not so long ago
I feel the shameless urge that we must restore
Our former king to his rightful throne
And with me lords and maidens
We wait for the chosen son's return
I come alive
It's a time for celebration
Our will to restore
Make our past become the futre once more
Still he lives! 2000 years have passed
And still we're yearning for his return
We fulfill a wishful prohecy
And so the chanting begins
Hail Caesar...Hail Caesar...we render unto you
What is still yours
Share the wish as it must be
Our king and palace...mote it be!
Gods enslaved, traitors burning
Might and splendor forever return

i know! i totally am. i hope my two catty coworkers heard me barf so that they can fan the flames of my swirling eating disorder rumor here at work. GO TEAM!