Countdown to the Election

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
It's an election year. Not sure if that's been mentioned in the media much, but it's the truth. Rudd vs Howard, good vs evil, youth vs experience... who will win?

Anyway, I found this cartoon from the Australian to be one of the funniest I've seen in ages. I had a giggle.

0,1658,5503434,00.jpg

So yeah. Let's talk politics.

Yeh, you got good vs evil mixed up man.

Howards lost already, Rudd is the most competant leader that Labor has had in ages; hes still a cunt nonetheless. The Unionised Labor party are just that, and you'll see a rise in bias and unsustainable policies that will benefit workers in the short run, but probably 6-8 yrs down the tracks Libs will clean up again.

Yes clean up...

You may thing Rudd is a cunt, but Howard has proved time and time again he is 100 fold over the cunt Rudd is. Fuck I hate that prick. About time Howard got fucked off and when he leaves with his head hung low it shall be a great day for Australia. Yeehar!

Yes clean up...

You may thing Rudd is a cunt, but Howard has proved time and time again he is 100 fold over the cunt Rudd is. Fuck I hate that prick. About time Howard got fucked off and when he leaves with his head hung low it shall be a great day for Australia. Yeehar!

If you cant see how good this country is under Howard you are an idiot and should leave.

Is anyone else here a conservative who is likely to vote Liberal this yr, if not there is little or no point in me posting here because the same thing will happen as always :lol:

I wonder, if you grew up under more blue collar orientated government like moost of us did, would your opinion be the same as ours Dan, after all you are 18 aren't you, so all your knowledge of politics in your modern time (as in how long you have been socially aware) is shithouse whitecollar conservative crap

I wonder, if you grew up under more blue collar orientated government like moost of us did, would your opinion be the same as ours Dan, after all you are 18 aren't you, so all your knowledge of politics in your modern time (as in how long you have been socially aware) is shithouse whitecollar conservative crap

Yeh just turned 19 actually

My opinion would be different if I were your age, but I'm not so go Howard :kickass:

Any pinko here, give me a reason, a real one, not some gay one, why Howard should be voted out. No gay 'I dont have any rights and im earning $7 an hr' as that is bullshit. Debate the undesputibale prosperity this country has seen then I'll consider chaning my conservative view of life.

Because he's a cock, who's been in power too long, and is so completely out of touch with "Australia" and "Australians". He should take a leaf out of Tony Blair's book, who's decided to step down because he reckons he's been there long enough.

Remember a little while ago when someone asked him how much a loaf of bread costs on average? And he said 60c? Sure mate, and it's 1965.

The Howard government introduced us to the concept of 'non-core promises' which was basically the Liberal license to lie and bullshit.

Howard has constantly shown us that he cares more about apeasing George W. Bush than listening to the opinion of the public of Australia (of which some put him into power) and in many cases his own party.

He doesn't care about Australians, he cares about making sure that Bush continues being his best mate. He doesn't care about the Australian workers who due to his policies can be put out of work now for apparently any reason at any time. He cares about making sure his rich mates can stay rich and get great tax cuts while making it harder for people not blessed enough to be born into rich families to get into uni and allowing anyone with a big enough wallet to get in without a problem.

Rudd's got it though. Howard's on his way out, and all the better for Australia to have someone in power who's head is actually IN Australia and trying to make it a better country for those of us who live in it.

When people are paying 38.5% of their wages in mortgage repayments, $1.40/L for petrol and 10% GST on every thing, I'm sure the first thing they think about in the morning is how fucking wonderful the economy is. When they're too scared to ring in sick in case they get fired, and when people can't plan their weekends anymore because bosses now have the freedom to change rosters without consultation or warning, I'm sure people think about how wonderful the economy is. When one parent has to stay home and look after the kids because the government refuses to believe that the major capital cities have child care crises, I'm sure they're thinking about how great the economy is. Interest rates have gone up eight times in five years, six times since Howard practically guaranteed people they wouldn't.

In any case, Howard has to go for these reasons:

* "There will never, ever be a GST" - John Howard, 1995
* Convincing people the economy was wonderful so he'd win control of the Senate, then hammering through IR law changes without telling the electorate he was even thinking about it at the time people were voting for him
* That smarmy grin
* Those eyebrows

Dan,
firstly can you admit that Howard has lied to us on any number of occasions ?

Do you like being lied to ?

If you like being lied to, then Yay, go Howard.

Because he's a cock, who's been in power too long, and is so completely out of touch with "Australia" and "Australians".

I stopped reading there because clearly you suck and have no good reasons.

Dan,
firstly can you admit that Howard has lied to us on any number of occasions ?

Do you like being lied to ?

If you like being lied to, then Yay, go Howard.

Yes, No, gay.

Ive never said he hasnt lied to us - GST of course was a blatent lie, why wasnt he voted out then?

Give me a good reason not to vote for him; challenge the undeniable sound economic policies that this government has with better ideas then I'll consider changing my mind, until then you clearly have no reasons that are intellegent. I could write a good bit about why you should vote for Howard, and why a vote for Rudd will only secure a gradual demise of the country, buy you wont read it because, even faced with indesputable evidence, you will deny it and say Hes a cock and be done with it. WHy not think about your vote and actually look at Labor's terrible unionised policies? Or dont you want to face the reality of the situation?

When people are paying 38.5% of their wages in mortgage repayments, $1.40/L for petrol and 10% GST on every thing, I'm sure the first thing they think about in the morning is how fucking wonderful the economy is. When they're too scared to ring in sick in case they get fired, and when people can't plan their weekends anymore because bosses now have the freedom to change rosters without consultation or warning, I'm sure people think about how wonderful the economy is. When one parent has to stay home and look after the kids because the government refuses to believe that the major capital cities have child care crises, I'm sure they're thinking about how great the economy is. Interest rates have gone up eight times in five years, six times since Howard practically guaranteed people they wouldn't.

Man, you are so wrong it's funny. I really cant be fucked debating your feeble reasons, because to do so would mean I have to read that paragraph again, and in doing so makes my IQ decrease a little bit.

Dän;6211076 said:
Man, you are so wrong it's funny. I really cant be fucked debating your feeble reasons, because to do so would mean I have to read that paragraph again, and in doing so makes my IQ decrease a little bit.

His reasoning looked sound to me... all you've done is try to insult anyone who disagree's with you

*I hate discussing politics for this very reason*

^ The reasons he gives are true, but most are either unrelated are uncontrolable by the government or are a neccassry part of the current climate.

Youve only seen this discussion of which ive been bagging the pinkos, every other time its the opposite, thats why I dont bother debating because it falls on deaf ears.