Countdown to the Election

:)

I do respect your point of view, Dan. And having read through your posts both here and in the economist thread, it's clear that your opinion comes from a purely economic viewpoint, inasmuch as you are an economist. The problem I have with economists is that they do tend to see the way you do, ie. that we exist as an economy and therefore economic issues must always have preferences over social ones. No economy can continue to run this way. If you don't look after the parts that make it work, it will collapse. In spite of what Sydo said earlier, I don't think the current government has the mix between economic and social solutions right. If they did, I'm sure they wouldn't be suffering in the polls. One thing to remember is that the majority of voters always vote Labor. The only reason the Liberals have ever been able to form government is because they are in a coalition with the Nationals. The only time in the last 40 years where the Libs won with a clear majority, where they would have won whether they had the Nationals to lean on or not, was in 2004. That isn't likely to happen this time, and that's why Howard gets antsy everytime the Nats talk about splitting off (which they aren't likely to do, but it's a good way for them to exert their influence). Clearly something has happened to the electorate to make them shift away from the party they so overwhelmingly supported only three years ago and, clearly, the state of the economy has very little to do with it. This is where economic rhetoric falls down: people should be happy, but they're not. Economists need to ask why that is, and it's not as easy as merely suggesting we're all pinkos, naive, or foolish.
If you keep this up, I'll have to get the Ripper Rules t-shirt. :kickass:

Winmar said:
Yeah I'm pretty happy about that. It's like someone saying, "aren't you that Bruce Dickinson guy". Or something.

Spiff said:
Yesterday 09:25 PM
On the other hand, Winmar, he confused you with me, which is pretty awesome.

Winmar said:
Yesterday 08:55 PM
Go back through them and look for where I've insulted you. I've been friendly with you on other forums, and you respond by calling me a stupid moron. Thanks Dan. If you called me that in real life I'd probably punch you in the face.
:lol: That string of posts was gold!

It would appear that you do because I'm still chuckling when I read it:cool:
Considering my neck is completely fucked, I'm in agony multiplied when I'm coughing my guts up plus only slept for a few hours and a little hungover, that's a neat feat.

Go back to the first page of this thread Dan. This is some of the stuff you posted there:

Any pinko here, give me a reason, a real one, not some gay one, why Howard should be voted out (16 pages later, you still claim every one of our reasons is gay)

I really cant be fucked debating your feeble reasons, because to do so would mean I have to read that paragraph again, and in doing so makes my IQ decrease a little bit (as above).

hahahaha; yeh but they're funny as; particually those two. They were probably directed at some stupid dumb arse comment though, so it can be excused.

Yeh, Spiff is the one I dont like, Winmar is ok; sorry for the mix up, so just direct the insults made toward winmar to Spiff and we should be good.

Dan... there's this wonderful thing called "Edit Post".
It allows you to string various thoughts together whenever hindsight rears its ugly head within minutes of a previous post, as you seem particularly prone to.
Unless you're going for some kind of chain-posting record that is.

There's also the "Multi-Quote" feature but... well... baby steps :erk: