Countdown to the Election

Yeh, i didnt mean your're a brain dead pink, as your not, gore isnt either, hes just annoying because he ignores facts. Most the others fail as voters though because they cant argue with any fact and ingore my economic perpectives on things and dismiss me as a homophopic nazi, which is offensive.

Shannow didn't quote you out of context at all.

You said that if the Liberals brought out those issues and took that stance on them you wouldn't vote for them.

This thread has been awesome. I hope in a year or so Dan's gone from the board and we can keep ressurecting this thread and having a giggle at it, Terry style.

Dan...do you like to to take chicks with huge basketball tits to the cinema? Ever hunted a panther in NSW?

And I still wish Steve had come and had a rant.

No, but a few weeks ago i did break up with my girlfriend because I wouldnt shave my chest. How fucken metal is that :kickass:

admittedly, in hindight, I wish I did, because I think I loved her :cry:

sunrise, sunset...

I don't even remember that now.

Hmmm if I was to say "Howard is a cunt - FACT", would I be right? Chances are I would be, but my putting "FACT" at the end of it doesn't make it true by default.

The suggestion that we had to join the US in the biggest military folly of my lifetime is just laughable. Of course we didn't have to. Most of the world's major nations didn't join in.

Tell me Dan, what are the conservatives going to do when all the natural resources run out and there's no longer what's needed to power the economy? I see no forward planning - none.

Yeh man but when I say fact I back it up with fact, unlike you. You vote for Labor on the warped view that they 'are better guys'. Stupid moron.

Gorey, I think your last point is the best risen in this whole shit fight, and the discussion could well be called over right there

Why is it a shit fight? Most of it has been quite good, get rid of the payouts and childish insults and you have yourself quite a scholarly debate for the most part.

Put back in the payouts and childish insults and you have parliament question time :lol:

Dän;6276931 said:
Wages are determined by the expected inflation rate, the unemployment rate, and various other factors such as UE benefits, welfare, minimum wage etc.

If things such as the minimum wage go up, or UE benefits increase, then wages increase greater than their natural rate of increase, and hence the unemployment rate also increase. When the UE increases this weakens workers bargaining power and forces them to accept a lower wage. Note that less than 30% of wages are collectivly determined by unions.

See Winmar, this is what i mean by fact.

No, ive been by myself in this whole 15 pg onslought; and yet I have probably contributed as much valid argument as the rest of you. Besides im 19, im allowed to act like a cunt sometimes.

I'm still interested in this -

Dan said:
Theres various social issues that annoy me about Rudd, non of which I'll mention because its likely that Goreripper expecially will get offended by my conservative views on life, not wrong, but conservative.

Seriously, this thread has ventured to all levels of debate and insult and back and forths...share some of your conservative views on life. I'm seriously intreagued to hear some of them.

I give my word I won't reply with a string of insults or tear you down about them. I'm dead set interested to know.

Dän;6280232 said:
No, but a few weeks ago i did break up with my girlfriend because I wouldnt shave my chest. How fucken metal is that :kickass:

admittedly, in hindight, I wish I did, because I think I loved her :cry:

sunrise, sunset...

If a relationship breaks up over that it must not be a very good one then.

I don't ignore facts. Despite you not actually directly qouting or linking to any of the facts you've mentioned, I know what you're saying about the economy. But the point is, I don't agree that it's because of the Libs being in that the economy's doing so well. And I think you're getting Winmar mixed up with Spiff. Spiff was the one who said the Labor party are "nice blokes", but whatever he says isn't really relevant because he isn't a citizen and can't vote.

I don't ignore facts. Despite you not actually directly qouting or linking to any of the facts you've mentioned, I know what you're saying about the economy. But the point is, I don't agree that it's because of the Libs being in that the economy's doing so well. And I think you're getting Winmar mixed up with Spiff. Spiff was the one who said the Labor party are "nice blokes", but whatever he says isn't really relevant because he isn't a citizen and can't vote.

Oh yeh, my bad

:)

I do respect your point of view, Dan. And having read through your posts both here and in the economist thread, it's clear that your opinion comes from a purely economic viewpoint, inasmuch as you are an economist. The problem I have with economists is that they do tend to see the way you do, ie. that we exist as an economy and therefore economic issues must always have preferences over social ones. No economy can continue to run this way. If you don't look after the parts that make it work, it will collapse. In spite of what Sydo said earlier, I don't think the current government has the mix between economic and social solutions right. If they did, I'm sure they wouldn't be suffering in the polls. One thing to remember is that the majority of voters always vote Labor. The only reason the Liberals have ever been able to form government is because they are in a coalition with the Nationals. The only time in the last 40 years where the Libs won with a clear majority, where they would have won whether they had the Nationals to lean on or not, was in 2004. That isn't likely to happen this time, and that's why Howard gets antsy everytime the Nats talk about splitting off (which they aren't likely to do, but it's a good way for them to exert their influence). Clearly something has happened to the electorate to make them shift away from the party they so overwhelmingly supported only three years ago and, clearly, the state of the economy has very little to do with it. This is where economic rhetoric falls down: people should be happy, but they're not. Economists need to ask why that is, and it's not as easy as merely suggesting we're all pinkos, naive, or foolish.

Dän;6280235 said:
Yeh man but when I say fact I back it up with fact, unlike you. You vote for Labor on the warped view that they 'are better guys'. Stupid moron.

Dan, you fucked up right there. I disagree with a lot of what you say, but haven't resorted to calling you names, unlike you. Frankly I'm surprised that you would call me that. A question to those who have actually met me: am I a stupid moron? Kindly get fucked, Dan.

Go back through the last 16 pgs and look at all the personal insults that have been thrown at me. I think you'll find that me calling you a stupid moron is rather tame.

Go back through them and look for where I've insulted you. I've been friendly with you on other forums, and you respond by calling me a stupid moron. Thanks Dan. If you called me that in real life I'd probably punch you in the face.

Yeah I'm pretty happy about that. It's like someone saying, "aren't you that Bruce Dickinson guy". Or something.

:headbang:

Go back to the first page of this thread Dan. This is some of the stuff you posted there:

If you cant see how good this country is under Howard you are an idiot and should leave

I stopped reading there because clearly you suck and have no good reasons

Any pinko here, give me a reason, a real one, not some gay one, why Howard should be voted out (16 pages later, you still claim every one of our reasons is gay)

I really cant be fucked debating your feeble reasons, because to do so would mean I have to read that paragraph again, and in doing so makes my IQ decrease a little bit (as above).

That's just page 1! Who's been throwing the insults and put-downs around?