Country ya all?

prime666

Feb 4, 2002
NY
www.myspace.com
Country music anyone. Am I the only fan of the classic country artists like Cash, Nelson , Williams , Haggard etc.
And is it just me but when you slow down punk rock it sounds real close to country.

prime666 said:
Country music anyone. Am I the only fan of the classic country artists like Cash, Nelson , Williams , Haggard etc.
And is it just me but when you slow down punk rock it sounds real close to country.

i have got into country music these last few years,my favourite artist is david allan coe,johnny cash is great too,i dont like the real contemporary country like brooks and done but i do have a soft spot for the dixie chicks,those girls know how to rock.

i might have to check out merle hagard...

prime666 said:

My Daddy made sure I listened to all those original outlaws. As well as CCR and Skynyrd.

prime where do u stand with david allan coe,yes he did have albums in the very early stage of his career with racial comments but that is long gone,he even tours with a black drummer now,he cops alot of shit for his past but he said alot those sayings about black was just normal prison talk as he was in a jail with a 90 percent black environment,if people could just move on they could find out what a geat artist this guy is!

David allan coe. To be honest I don't know his music or anything about him. If the guy used racial slurs, well who cares. Shit, havent we all at one time. Perhaps out of frustration or a good joke. George carlin once said and this quote aint 100% correct but basically "The words like, Nigar, Spick, kike, wop, wab, tacohead etc, etc, are in and of themselves just words. It's the rascist bigot using these terms that you have to worry about". Maybee at one point the guy had some negative views or just used prison terminology towards other races. Perhaps he got over it and grew up a bit.

Yeah my parents listened to CCR and Skynyrd as well as Marty Robbins (west texas town of el paso) Hanks Sr. and Jr., Waylon, Willie...all that shit. That's the only country I listen to. Contemporary country is just retarded.

I'm really diggin' on Hetfields cover of 'Don't You Think This Outlaw Bit Has Done Got Out Of Hand' as of late..

Country music, i like it, the classic sounds of it from Waylon, Cash, Williams, JUNIOR, and Senior,,,and many other up through the 80's.

there's a time and place for it in my book, usually while im building something...

Denis Leary said pot smoking led to carpentry as well but i dont know about that personally.

prime666 said:
David allan coe. To be honest I don't know his music or anything about him. If the guy used racial slurs, well who cares. Shit, havent we all at one time. Perhaps out of frustration or a good joke. George carlin once said and this quote aint 100% correct but basically "The words like, Nigar, Spick, kike, wop, wab, tacohead etc, etc, are in and of themselves just words. It's the rascist bigot using these terms that you have to worry about". Maybee at one point the guy had some negative views or just used prison terminology towards other races. Perhaps he got over it and grew up a bit.

prime,get david allan coe,live at the iron horse saloon,a good intro to a great artist!

Oh yea don't forget the Dead Kennedy covers of fun songs like Rawhide, Viva Las Vegas and Take this Job and shove it...

I grew up on Johnny Cash and will never let a bad word slip past me about him without challenging the fucktard who dares utter it.

The rest of country music though, mostly trash. And David Allen Coe may kiss the fattest part of my ass.

prime666 said:
Dwight Yoakam is actually my 2nd cousin on my mom's side, but I can't stand his music. That one Dierks Bentley song is pretty cool though.

I like some Cuntry...

05_27_01.jpg

nalb01.jpg

Ragamuffin said:
I grew up on Johnny Cash and will never let a bad word slip past me about him without challenging the fucktard who dares utter it.

The rest of country music though, mostly trash. And David Allen Coe may kiss the fattest part of my ass.

please explain!!!

how can u not be impressed by what this man has achieved,its david allan coe by the way

I used to like Country when I was younger and didn't know any better. 95% of the radio stations in my area are country and growing up that's pretty much all I was ever exposed to. I still like some of the older outlaw stuff (Hank, Cash, Willie, Waylon, ect) but nearly all country made in the past 15-20 years makes my ears bleed. Bluegrass on the other hand kicks ass!