Cover songs?

How about Venom - Don't Burn the Witch or In Nomine Sathanas?

Im big Venom fan, and I think those can be good.

In my opinnoin covers are best when they are something that you really don't expect. Like let's say some "out of the genre"

But well, my perverted dream would be that Kiuas covers a song from Blind Guardian, even when that's still in with the genre, let's say Time Stands Still (At the Iron Hill)

Hey! Sons of Ukko! :worship:

Suprise the audience and play some Steel Dragon song at onthe rocks-club! And love boat-theme (ofcourse in kiuas way.. ) :headbang:

Introna sitten kiukaan pihinää.. :wave:

KryptoN said:
Amorphis - Black Winter Day
This song instantly came to my mind.
Or then maybe something by Paradise Lost, Pantera or Stratovarius?
;)

Jea.. older Amorphis, because they don´t perform those older song anymore so we need talented band wich perform behalf of amorphis.. :worship:

Still I give my vote for Steel Dragon cover :D

mister said:
Jea.. older Amorphis, because they don´t perform those older song anymore so we need talented band wich perform behalf of amorphis.. :worship:

Still I give my vote for Steel Dragon cover :D

Not bad. Two votes for each and I think they're both great suggestions. I generally think that cover songs should be surprising or played as a tribute to the band and in both Amorphis and Steel Dragon fit both categories. :cool:

Zombie_Kiuas said:
Not bad. Two votes for each and I think they're both great suggestions. I generally think that cover songs should be surprising or played as a tribute to the band and in both Amorphis and Steel Dragon fit both categories. :cool:

Crom! :headbang:

Praise Crom!

So many great ideas! We actually played THREE Manowar covers - Metal warriors, The Gods made heavy metal, and Kings of metal on our FIRST ever Kiuas gig! Did anyone happen to be there by the way?

I've played BG's (not to be confused with the Beegees) Mirror Mirror and Into the storm with another band some years ago...I've also played Venom's Women, leather and Hell with a friend of mine on one dark and stormy weekend long ago...
...but so far all ideas sound very good, keep them coming! And we shalt consultst Ukko himself and perhaps thy requests shall be fullfilleth! (Or whatever...) :loco:

Coupla choices:

(classics)
Motorhead - Ace of Spades
Slayer - Raining Blood
Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast
Kiss - God Gave Rock 'n Roll to You

Maybe some Running Wild like Pirate Song or Under Jolly Roger
Seeing as Blind Guardian has been mentioned a bunch, you could do a classic like Welcome to Dying, or someone else mentioned Into the Storm and that would be ace.

As for something out of the genre I think some Faith No More would be cool (Ashes to Ashes, Evidence) or maybe Andrew WK - It's Time to Party would be fun. I dunno, just throwing out suggestions. After all, you guys are my favorite band.

Lots of options up there.