Covers of DT Songs?

snuffcarl

Apr 23, 2007
I recently downloaded a bootleg recorded by the swedish radio and in the presentation the reporter claims that alot of bands made covers of DT songs, anybody that has heard them?

Carlie

Ethereal Spawn and Soultorn are established acts with at least one album each, and both put their DT cover on their album.

Neptune is also an established act, although, as far as i know, they've only played The wonders live but never included it in any release.

Korhan Kaya is some bloke who makes techno covers of songs and puts them on his website. Grum Lee is a chap who makes acoustic-guitar + shitty-voice-with-french-accent covers and puts them on his site. It is highly-recommended that you avoid both, but if you want a good laugh then Grum Lee is your guy.

Somewheres and Sageh are, respectively, a band and a bloke (i think that both are from Turkey, but i'm not sure; i know that at least Somewheres is) who aren't famous at all (to the point of not even returning anything on a fairly-extensive Google search) but aren't, as far as i know, from YouTube.

Everyone-else listed on that site is from YouTube, but some (like Chaotic Darkness and Ercorea) are extremely-good.

Yeah, Neptune is a good band. Never saw them live but I'm told they kick ass. And, no, TWAYF cover was never included in any official Neptune release (I guess because it's a low quality bootleg recording and because of copyright issues and so on as a forth).

where can u get the soultorn cover? couldnt find it... Precisely, ive only heard really poor shit as well. I really think they should do a splitsingle with Opeth ( or Haunted and as a last resort maybe Arch enemy/ In flames) in the same style as Refused loves Randy, doing covers of each other songs!! Maybe we should start a poll and get such a massive response that they practically have to do it...

Well, I think the best part of Covers is when the covering bands add their own touch to the music, making new and different versions of the covered songs.

That's why I love all the covers DT has done so far.

Therefore, I would like to see some non-melodeath band such as Entombed, Dimmu, or Behemoth doing DT covers.