Song covers

Magrathean

worldbuilder
Oct 14, 2005
Faculty of Science
s1.zetaboards.com
I'm wondering if anybody knows whether Dark Tranquillity has done any covers besides:
Iron Maiden - 22 Acacia Avenue
Kreator - Bringer of torture
Merciful Fate - Lady in black
Metallica - My friend of misery
Sacred Reich - Sacred reich

and if anybody has done covers of Tranquillity songs besides:
Ethereal Spawn - Punish my Heaven
Sageh - Scythe, rage and roses
Somewheres - Therein
Soultorn - With the flaming shades of fall

Thank you.

There's a Russian band called Symphony of Darkness that did a live cover of Lethe.

Rahvin and Arch: thank you.

La Rocque: Local = from where? And is it published?

And another thing: does the band Somewheres have a website or is there some site i can view their discography or something? They don't sound too bad from that cover. ;)

Sorry. By "published" i meant whether it was available to the public. If they released a cd with the song in it or if the song is available for download on the internet, it's published. If there's no way for somebody outside of the band (i.e. you, me) to get it, it's not published. That's what i meant.

I have only heard one DT cover (made by some turkish band i think) of ThereIn and it kinda sucked, i mean the instrumental part was ok but the vocals imo were really bad. Maybe it's becouse i'm used to Mikael's...

@ UndoControl: Silent Sorrow has never published anything when it comes to music. In fact music is not #1 with them, they are more interested in drinking beer, smoking marijuana and getting laid.
I've seem them play many times and they are really good but music is a way for them to get the three things mentioned above. They do a unbelievable version of the Bee Gees song 'Jive Talkin' sort of a Ministry meets Corrosion of Conformity -

Haaaa. I once wondered who was that fella who did all those covers using the man & acoustic guitar method. Well it was that http://www.grumlee.com guy. So thanks goes to Delirious.

I do believe it takes some balls to record stuff and put it online as you obviously can't sing and you're a lousy guitarist at best. The "aaah-aah" bit in the cover of Opeth's Drapery Falls is hilarious :D

Let's see here...as mentioned, the five covers in the first post are the only ones that we've actually finished to 100% and recorded. We've toyed around - with varying degrees of success - with some other songs during the years. I'm probably forgetting some, but here goes:

Radiohead - Street spirit (fade out)
Sabbat - A cautionary tale
Kreator - Flag of hate
The Mission - Butterfly on a wheel
Joan Osbourne - What if god was one of us (that one hit wonder from '98 or something)

We might have tried Manowar's "Hail and kill" too, but my memory isn't totally clear on that one. Let's hope not. ;)

It's actually pretty common to meet bands that say that have covered our songs, but it's usually just in the rehearsal room or live at shows. Doing a real recording in studio is relatively rare, so kudos to those that have taken it that far!

haha a Manowar cover would be interesting. When I first heard Arch Enemy's cover of "Kill with power" I fell in love with it by the first time listening.